Vango Force 10 Mk2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
I recently aquired this and have just put it up in the garden,I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to put up and it would appear to have a extension part as well.
On closer examination it looks like the main fly sheet is / was a replacement judging by the condition.Not seeing much info on the extensions have I got this right ( comments please )IMG_8615.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8617.jpg
    IMG_8617.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8619.jpg
    IMG_8619.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8620.jpg
    IMG_8620.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8621.jpg
    IMG_8621.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 12

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
That brings back memories and I remember the smell just looking at the pictures :)

I never had the extension but the rest looks about right. Maybe just needs adjusting a bit here and there to get it all hanging a bit neater. I assume you hooked the inner bungies onto the same pegs as the fly sheet bungees.

The hooks on the inner, hook to the inside of the fly. This is worth doing as it increases the interior space when you peg out the guys on the side of the fly. I only ever used to peg these out just before going to bed as someone would always trip over them.

Mine did have some extra guy ropes that hooked over the top of the poles but I didn't ever feel the need for them and it stood up well in some pretty bleak places.

I have had a few tents and the force 10 went up the quickest. You cannot do it fly first but it go's so quick it doesn't matter.

The fly on my tent eventually degraded from sunlight and kept ripping, by which time they had stopped making them and I couldnt get a spare, the inner was still like new.

Cost me £120 in 1984 which was a lot of money but I must have spent 400 nights in it, so cheap at 30p per night.

Happy memories

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Brilliant tents - I'd have one again :)

I had a Mk2 then a Mk4 years ago :)

I replaced the original cotton fly of my Mk2 with a new nylon one, took it backpacking, only to find that the eyelets on the nylon fly were smaller than on the cotton and spent hours with my SAK filing the 'A' spigot so it would go through the hole.

We camped for years as a family of 4 using the Mk4 - absolutely bomb-proof.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE