Vango force 10 cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
The description states that there are various bits missing but that they are easily available on the internet.

Wonder why they don't buy these bits and then sell the tents for much more??

Just a though ;)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Well as I said I'm not connected but they are apparently grade 1. From what I understand the seller is a large company that disposes of the military kit, if you look at what they do sell it's incredibly varied. I'd have one but I still hold out hope of getting fit enough to do a multi day walk with tent but I know I'd never be able to carry a bergen with a force 10 in it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are the biggest surplus company in the UK. Wildernessoutfitters were selling the tents for £20 and the flysheets for £20 so looks like the army has dumped a load of them; the ones they sold were checked and problems stated were normally small holes and broken zips.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well I had to order one, I'll let you know the condition when it arrives.

Cheers,Trev.

Please do Trev. I was thinking of ordering one myself. I sent him an email asking if they came with the inner tent and bathtub floor, and he responded saying he wasnt sure...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just had a reply ...

Sorry I am unsure of what exactly would be missing from the one you receive, however it could be anything from poles to the hooks which are used to secure it to the ground or any other of the loose parts

Now I know what hooks are for :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Coulndt help myself. :goodluck: fingers crossed. Just bought one. Might try and turn it into a hot tent. I wonder if you could dye it/ paint it somehow?

We'll all have to get our heads together and come up with some good mods. :D

Out of interest, if its army surplus, which regiment used them, and when?

Last edited:
N

Nomad

Too cheap to ignore if they are undamaged and maybe need some missing bits replaced. I reckon blue dye would neutralise the colour (make it greyish), and then it could be dyed green. Or take a chance with a blue-green dye in one go.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Coulndt help myself. :goodluck: fingers crossed. Just bought one. Might try and turn it into a hot tent. I wonder if you could dye it/ paint it somehow?

We'll all have to get our heads together and come up with some good mods. :D

Out of interest, if its army surplus, which regiment used them, and when?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mk3 is too small for running a woodburner without doubt but is small and warm so no need, even my Mk5 is too small to safely try and mod to use a stove IMHO.

Its cotton so should take a dye easy enough although I find orange a cheerful colour to wake up to. Cracking tent, bomb proof. Tony, don't buy two, you can get a Mk3 complete for around £70-£90 on ebay so the gamble makes no financial sense.

I've got Mk3 and Mk5's but am after a Mk4 if anyone wants to sell or trade me one.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'll wait until I get hold of it, then decide what to do with it. Might just give it a good wash, stitch up any rips, and treat it with fabsil. What do you think Rik? Is there any way to tell how old it is? And where's the best place to buy spares for it? Ta.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE