Vango Banshee 200

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Well after much searching, watching and reading reviews I've finally decided on the Sil Hex Peak V4 from backpacking light http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF129.html . Payday is Tuesday and they are back in stock on Monday so kinda feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas at the mo.
Just wondered if anyone else has had one of the older versions and if they were happy with them, I have heard a lot of good things about them but just wondered what the collective thought of them.

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
I've used a banshee 200 for a few years now and have been very happy with it. It's easy to pitch and strike, has worked really well in windy and very wet weather, and packs down pretty small. Enough space for one person, plus a small hiking pack - with space just for your boots in the tiny porch. The only downside is personally I'm not mad keen on the lack of headroom, so I'm looking at the mini peak or hex peak so can get a bit more space to sit in bad weather and for general admin.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I love my Banshee (car boot find.) but I am depressed at the non porch.

I would choose something different if I had the money.

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
I just bought a banshee. Wasn't bothered about the weight. I have a vango tarp for a porch. Go outdoors have a sale on them.

BigX

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
England
Enjoy your new tent, MP. Really good if you use hiking poles.

Just to add to the Banshee debate, I was considering it last year, but went for a Wild Country Coshee, which is the same shape and price, 250g lighter and being a crucial 20cm wider, you can actually fit two sleeping mats side by side. If there's just one of you, it's huge and you can also temporarily unclip the inner to create a decent-sized porch (guessing you can do that with the Banshee too?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE