Vango Airbeam Tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
From a few youtube videos and reports it appears that they're very sensitive to over-pressure in the support chambers - seen a few blown out.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
From a few youtube videos and reports it appears that they're very sensitive to over-pressure in the support chambers - seen a few blown out.

Reading up on them the first batch had some faults which they've ironed out now (mostly leaking water into the tent, not air out) - but I have heard of a few instances where people over inflate them. Shame there isn't a pressure valve to prevent this.

I'm waiting to see if the price comes down over the next few years - the 10 minute setup time appeals.

I also wanted to experiment with air beams for my hammock (see if I could make a hanging cylinder that packs up small)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
waiting for the price to drop too, ive been in one and they are remarkable stable (it was a windy day) they dropped the bar rating on the pressure recently as people where putting the recommended pressure in them and in last years hot spell some ruptured. The only downside to the big ones was the pack size they are like full size suitcases with wheels. Also take a look at this one would be at home on the moon lol
http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/heimplanet---the-cave-inflatable-tent-3574-p.asp

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Nice links spiritwalker & mountainm, thank you.

Looking at them, I can't help but think that a hybrid poling system of airbeams & alu/grp might have some useful applications.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
I think I'm with those of you waiting for the price drop, or for anther companies to adopt the technology, I love the idea, just not sure about the price tag! I also heard that they can have problems with "folding" in high winds, when the beams bend, they can reach a kind of "point of no return" where instead of springing back to their original position, they fold in on themselves. I havnt seen this myself its just something i've heard-I would have thought that if it was roped out properly this would be impossible. Its hard to know what are actual problems with the tent and what are problems caused by people erecting it incorrectly!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
when i viewed them at the showroom (outside) it was blowing a hooley and they never even had the additional guy lines set up just the ground stakes and i must say i was very impressed with the stability but now they have dropped the recommended bar pressure they may not be as stable (havent seen so cant comment) but at full bar they are very rigid

I think I'm with those of you waiting for the price drop, or for anther companies to adopt the technology, I love the idea, just not sure about the price tag! I also heard that they can have problems with "folding" in high winds, when the beams bend, they can reach a kind of "point of no return" where instead of springing back to their original position, they fold in on themselves. I havnt seen this myself its just something i've heard-I would have thought that if it was roped out properly this would be impossible. Its hard to know what are actual problems with the tent and what are problems caused by people erecting it incorrectly!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE