utility knife just finished

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
20130628_193252.jpg

I Just finished this one, 5mm 01 flat grind, taperd tang, amboya burr on thin grey liners with brass fittings. I like it bit of a change from scandi grinds, keep it or sell it?
20130628_193156.jpg

20130628_193225.jpg

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Beauty that. I'd keep it. Cut stuff with it, oil it, sharpen it, pet it, feel how sharp it is when it cuts into that which lived ((or still lives!)but not for long!)):)
What I mean to say is flatgrinds are great.:)

P

Passer

IF I had made such a knife, I would be hard pressed to sell it:rolleyes:
But then I don`t have you skill, or business.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice that Rob :)

As a maker you gotta sell em if you can, if it doesn't sell, keep it, or trade it. :)

Last edited:

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Excellent work Rob, if your saying "ridiculously sharpe" then all I can imagine is lightsabre as all your blades are beautifully sharp :D

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Little?! I bet I'm taller than you.

No, I meant using the knife to kill plants. A real bushcrafter drops a slingshot the size of a log on an animal to kill it.

You're right you probably are taller than me, all the Cloggies and South African "D" men I've known have been huge - I reckon you're all grown hydroponically in all those green houses you have. Either that or so you can paint the ceilings in those very tall houses you have.

It's a bit like in Spike Milligan's war diaries someone is asking where all these huge Canadian soldiers come from and the response is that they go into the forest and shake the trees and out they fall.

You've got to remember we Scot's were famously short due to hunting Haggis on the open hill. In fact one of the tribes that lived amongst the long costal grass on the east coast were called the "whereama" tribe.

They were called this after their habit of jumping up and down in the grass and shouting "Where am I?"

leon-1

Hey Rob, very nice work as per usual. Difficult one on keep or sell. I would be hard pressed to part with it, but I think I would in the end. It's made as a project / one off and it means that whoever gets it they'll get one of a kind. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE