Used Hammock Prices

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Really, really thinking about trying a hammock as the ground is getting harder on the old bones, even with a decent mat.

I want a tried and tested camping brand, not a adapted garden effort and don't want to spend on a new one to start as due to persistent back problem, I don't know how I will get on with one.

What do tree dwellers think something like a DD (any variety) should go for on eBay, gumtree, etc.

Cheers
Andy

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
I followed mick91s advice from another thread and got 1 of those hammocks he linked to for 12 quid as my first thinking if I didn't get on with it then not too much is lost.
Bear in mind it's the only hammock I've tried, it seemed to do everything it should. I certainly don't feel the need to go shopping for anything better or more expensive. Cheers for that mick91.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I followed mick91s advice from another thread and got 1 of those hammocks he linked to for 12 quid as my first thinking if I didn't get on with it then not too much is lost.
Bear in mind it's the only hammock I've tried, it seemed to do everything it should. I certainly don't feel the need to go shopping for anything better or more expensive. Cheers for that mick91.

No problem mate happy to help. Only thing missing is the mozzy net and that's an easy mod with a tubular net

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I sent a wee fortune on a 'bridge' warbonnet ridge runner, with integrated mossy net and lynx underquilt, from the USA, put it up in the bwck garden once for an hour, still doesnt feel right somehow.

Another thing to sell....:(

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
If you don't want to shell out for an underblanket but want to try one just stick some bunjees on an old actual blanket. Again it's what I use. And Jesus Dave that's a few quid worth mate!

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
What Mr. Mountain said.

Question please, can you buy this with a midge net (must be midge proof, not just mozzie)?

Or, what would I buy to fit an easy to use midge net option, recommendations\links please for the bug net.

Excuse my complete lack of knowledge here, trusting in you good guys :)

Thank you.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
On topic, but another strand…..I have an unused Song of the Paddle silnylon hammock, complete with the 1" non stretch, tree protect long tie on tapes (climber's tape) and carabiners. It's been up twice to figure out how to do it, it's never been slept in, and is mint. I also bought a Hennesay Hex fly to go with it. That has a bundle of lines in the bag with it too.
Ball park figure for that lot would be appreciated. HWMBLT is making noises about all my unused kit clutter :sigh:

M

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Question please, can you buy this with a midge net (must be midge proof, not just mozzie)?

Or, what would I buy to fit an easy to use midge net option, recommendations\links please for the bug net.

Excuse my complete lack of knowledge here, trusting in you good guys :)

Thank you.

No you can't - you'll need a separate bug net option. Worth mentioning tho' I have rarely needed a bug net unless in the lakes/scotland.

The cheapest way to get a separate bug net is to make your own. (Essentially a big tube) with organza or midge net material.

Other hammocks with integral nets tend to be too small if you're on a budget. (Well for me anyway, others get on very well with them).

Cheers

Mike

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
If you want a cheap hammock thats much lighter and more packable have a look at the ukhammocks woodsman range
the woodsman lite is 330g compared to a TW XL at 940g and only £35.....yes they are narrower than a TW XL but still an average width

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE