USB Hydropower Turbin.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Found this intresting.

Hydrobee SPC Launches Portable USB Hydropower Turbine to Charge Phones and USB Gadgets from Flowing WaterThe Hydrobee (TM), now on Kickstarter.com, is a hand-held hydropower turbine that harvests energy from flowing water and converts it to USB charging output. It can be attached to any water faucet or hose, or it can be anchored in a fast-flowing stream or river, or it can be towed behind a sailboat or canoe.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11343341.htm

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Looks good, another answer to the modern world problem of charging out door. Don't know about the third world angle, without being unkind theres litttle water, and what there is is infested with dangerous things, shouldn't think they'll sell to well in australia either. I wonder how fast the water has to flow though ? perhaps mountain streams only ? I suppose the average bushcrafter could whip up a quick sluce box though .

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
It says water at walking speed. So suitable to many rivers, streams. I think it will have uses throughout the world. water quality should not really be a issue. Hazards from wildlife can also be managed. A great breakthrough and a eagerly awaited bit of technology, that may enhance boating life through out the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE