USA ! What kit to look for?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
Cheers old bones for the heads up for adventure 16 store ill check that out , and I'm staying at an area called Solana beach at the winners circle resort , I visited a store called stars and stripes (surplus) it was ok I guess , only thing I considered buying was a poncho at 40 bucks , the rest was all holsters and a naval missile (no joke ) it was lying on the floor up one of the aisles , oh and all the weapons were " deactivated!". Was looking for a good knife , but only fixed blade that didn't resemble a john Rambo cast off was the Gerber bear offering (3 different models) tried to google a basic condor blade supplier but no luck on the wife's smartphone , but ill keep looking , thanks for the suggestions ,

Biv.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
hamburgers, HUUUGE hamburgers...:D
how big can you get them over there?

This was from Pontefract. 38oz.
8uhyhebu.jpg

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glock 22, Walther PPK 9mm, Colt .45

Can't think of anything else... :p

But you can't bring them home. No reason you can't bring back a shotgun or rifle at way less than UK prices (provided that you have the relavent ticket)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
But you can't bring them home. No reason you can't bring back a shotgun or rifle at way less than UK prices (provided that you have the relavent ticket)

But if he's not a citizen (or resident alien) he won't be able to buy a firearm in the US.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Cheers old bones for the heads up for adventure 16 store ill check that out , and I'm staying at an area called Solana beach at the winners circle resort , I visited a store called stars and stripes (surplus) it was ok I guess , only thing I considered buying was a poncho at 40 bucks , the rest was all holsters and a naval missile (no joke ) it was lying on the floor up one of the aisles , oh and all the weapons were " deactivated!".....

Yeah. Not all surplus stores have an FFL (gun dealer's license) so any firearms they sell either have to be deactivated or made prior to 1898 (and thus exempt from regulation)

Go to a real sporting goods store or gun store for a window shopping experience you won't regret (or even a larger pawn shop)

Or even Walmart for that matter.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interesting....I know people who have bought from the US and imported....normally by post....I wonder how that works?

Buying "from" the US is totally different from buying "in the US. Importation and exportation is perfectly legal. But an over the counter purchase from a licensed dealer reuires filling out a 2 page form afirming (among other things) that you are either a US citizen or lawful resident alien and have no felony criminal convictions (or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) and have never been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces.

I suspect (but don't know) that it may be possible for a visitor to buy using a separate form afirming that they are indeed buying it for export to their home country. Even if true, it's unlikely that most smaller gun shops would be aware and have the neccessary forms on hand. I suppose the larger ones might do though.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks - I've often thought of buying as a personal import if I visited....sounds like thats probably not such a good idea!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Might be worth contacting one of the larger gunn dealers such as Cabela's or Bass Pro to find out. If anyone would know, they would.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE