US water bottle and cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all where can i get a genuine US canteen and cup in britain no copies regards dave:confused:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I got 3 U.S bottles from them defo genuine,cant comment on the mug though as i only got the bottles but the service was great.It only mentions the bottles being gen though so maybe the mug aint?

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Yeah i wasn't sure if their mugs were genuine ether due to the way they worded things. Maybe you should email them? If you do let us know what they say, if you order even better. It's crazy that they sell the US canteen for only £3.95 and the UK version for £13.95!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The US canteens are really cheap. The mugs are much more costly though. Not sure they are genuine on that site. The real ones are stainless steel and stamped like this...

28Aug20115.jpg

Great thread on the whole US canteens and cup sets here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77736&highlight=usgi+canteen

seanc

Nov 13, 2005
Berkshire UK
I have this canteen, not sure if they are genuine as it leaks quite badly from the cap. My Ospreys are much better - the mug works ok though.

Sean

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The US canteens (genuine ones) don't have rubber seals on the lid/lip. They just have a ridged section moulded into the cap. That being said though, I have never had a problem at all with the genuine ones leaking.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have collected several sets over the last few years mainly from ebay as individual pieces or from military fairs/shops. That way I know all parts are genuine.
They are a great piece of kit and the bottle is much easier to hold due to its shape. The cup has many uses too. Buy genuine and they will last years.
Riven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE