US Airforce Fishing & Trapping Kit group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Oh, the item seems to have vanished from the Tregor site, minutes after I mentioned that. :confused:

Maybe the owner prowls this place and saw us talking about his old shop. :bluThinki

Actually Its more straightforward than that, whilst visiting my family yesterday I took the opportunity to mention to the members of my family who owned Tregor when it was trading that they really should pull the website down since they have closed the business.

he explained that there was still a very small number of the knives still in stock which they would like to shift and were leaving the website up as they would still sell what they had left to anyone who called.

I pointed out that if that was the case they should at least remove the stuff they didn’t have stock of any more, such as the Speedhooks.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I've waited till this has finished so as not to upset Stuart but if you missed out on the group buy of these things then you could just order them direct from a chap called Randy over in the states (he owns speedhook).
I got three off him last year direct and with the exchange rate they worked out a bit cheaper than the group buy!!!!!

Here's his site:

http://www.speedhook.com/servlet/the-1/Speedhook/Detail

Hope that helps any that missed this group buy :)

Cheers,

Bam.

Hello Bam, its nice to see you still read the BCUK forums regulary

Its good of you to help out, but unfortunatly you are mistaken. The link you show is the civilian version of the speedhook, the military version is on the another page of the site here

You’ll notice that they are $9.95, which at the current exchange rate is £4.99, but of course that doesn’t include shipping them to the UK.

Since the price on this group buy is £5.00 (which includes postage) they are actually cheaper here than ordering them from the states and with a lot less hassle (also they used to be £10 when they were available in the UK!!)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
the list of people form whom I have received payment so far:

Bodunn x 1 < - payment received
w00dsmoke x 2 < - payment received
Elma x 2
Godfather x 1 < - payment received
Mikey P x 1 < - payment received
CCCC x 2 < - payment received
smaguire x 5 < - payment received
Kobalt01 x 3
Wayland x 2 < - payment received
Bloodline x 1 < - payment received
Mayfly x 2 < - payment received
Huon x 4 < - payment received
Ahjno X 1
Too much kit to carry X 2 < - payment received
Reddave X 8
johnC x 2 < - payment received
Moff8 x 1 < - payment received
jnlrc x 1 < - payment received
nickg x 1
Aragon x 1 < - payment received
mojofilter x 2

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Actually Its more straightforward than that, whilst visiting my family yesterday I took the opportunity to mention to the members of my family who owned Tregor when it was trading that they really should pull the website down since they have closed the business.

he explained that there was still a very small number of the knives still in stock which they would like to shift and were leaving the website up as they would still sell what they had left to anyone who called.

I pointed out that if that was the case they should at least remove the stuff they didn’t have stock of any more, such as the Speedhooks.

:11doh: Ah that makes more sense lol. Didn't realise that it was your shop. :eek: Certainly didn't sound like that in your last post.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
:11doh: Ah that makes more sense lol. Didn't realise that it was your shop. :eek: Certainly didn't sound like that in your last post.

Not mine, but it used to be a belong to a member of my family. Which where I got the details of the manufacturer to set up a group buy.

which "last post" did it certainly not sound like? :confused:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hello Bam, its nice to see you still read the BCUK forums regulary

Its good of you to help out, but unfortunatly you are mistaken. The link you show is the civilian version of the speedhook, the military version is on the another page of the site here

You’ll notice that they are $9.95, which at the current exchange rate is £4.99, but of course that doesn’t include shipping them to the UK.

Since the price on this group buy is £5.00 (which includes postage) they are actually cheaper here than ordering them from the states and with a lot less hassle (also they used to be £10 when they were available in the UK!!)

Fair enough, I stand corrected :) Still useful for any that missed your group buy to know they can still get their grubby mits on them :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Not mine, but it used to be a belong to a member of my family. Which where I got the details of the manufacturer to set up a group buy.

which "last post" did it certainly not sound like? :confused:

Don't worry Stu, all makes sense now.

I was refering to this post

"Yes the same ones, Tregor used to be the only place in the UK you could get them.
But though they don’t do them anymore and the company has ceased trading as far as I am aware"

then the item disspeared from the site, so thought the owner must have removed it after seeing the thread. Then you explained your family had owned the store and you had told them about it.

So it all fell into place. :eek:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
we are still awaiting payment from six people, I am aware that some post may have been delayed by the postal strike, but I would like to ask that the payments be in by the end of next week if possible.

if your name does not have < - payment received next to it in post number 43, I have not yet received your payment

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
the current list of people form whom I have received payment so far look like this:

Elma x 2
Kobalt01 x 3
Ahjno X 1 < - payment received
Reddave X 8
nickg x 1
mojofilter x 2

still awaiting payment from 5 people

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Blimey, that took ages!! I wonder if that guy from the post brought it to you walking from NL to the UK :eek:

it was probably delayed at our end, the postworkers were on strike

the current list of people form whom I have received payment so far look like this:

Elma x 2
Kobalt01 x 3
Ahjno X 1 < - payment received
Reddave X 8
nickg x 1< - payment received
mojofilter x 2

still awaiting payment from 4 people, if your name is not highlighted as paid on this list please contact me

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I dont want to start knocking people of the list because they havent paid yet, as I'm not sure if the post strike has been part of the delay.

but I am also aware that people who have paid are waiting.

So I have decided to go ahead and cash the cheques that have arrived and get them out ASAP.

I will then wait untill the 20th of july for the outstanding payments, after which date I will request new 'buyers' for the remaining number

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have posted out the speed hook orders of the following people today:

Bodunn x 1
w00dsmoke x 2
Godfather x 1
Mikey P x 1
CCCC x 2
smaguire x 5
Wayland x 2
Bloodline x 1
Mayfly x 2
Huon x 4
Ahjno X 1
Too much kit to carry X 2
johnC x 2
Moff8 x 1
jnlrc x 1
nickg x 1
Aragon x 1

Four people have failed to pay for their order, and as per my previous post the deadline has now passed and their orders have been cancelled.

This now means that there are now 15 speedhooks available in this group buy, if you would like to order one please follow the original instructions.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Got mine today. Curious, clever things. And lethal! Would be highly effective at setting the hook I should think!! Has anyone re-hydrated the bait? Wondering about that! Thanks, Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE