US Airforce Fishing & Trapping Kit group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
This is a very peculiar bit US survival kit found in the USAF coldweather survival vest, not really sure if they could be described as very 'practical', but people have always enquired about them when I show them the example in my collection of weird and wonderful survival equipment from around the world.

its basically an automatic fishhook, which when triggered by a biting fish 'sets' the hook which is spring loaded and so provides shock absorption to prevent the fighting fish from breaking the line.

it comes in a waxed paper package (amusingly the USAF vests only appear to contain one each! overconfident?) with the markings:

420-01-379-5598
cage 0vmu5 PN 7188
Fishing & Trapping Kit, Emergency 1KT A

inside is one automatic hook, a reel of line, a little zipseal bag which the instructions say is a float, 4 bits of dehydrated artificial bait, a little rollpin tool for adjusting the sensitivity and a set of instructions which (amongst other things) suggests using it to catch birds and squirrels :eek:

speedhook-mil.jpg

if people are interested I will put together a group buy, we would need to find homes for 40 of them at £5 each (postage included) to go ahead

Please remember that the use of these hooks in the UK as described on the enclosed instructions is illegal, not to mention inhumane. This group buy is only for inclusion in survival kits or for collectors of such oddities.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
well there certainly seems to be some interest!

ok The details of this second group buy will be:

• The cost (including shipping) will be £5 per kit.

• Payment can only be made by cheque or cash, no other payment methods will be accepted.

• this group buy will be limited to 40 kits, first come first served.

• kits will only be ordered when all payments have arrived and any cheques have cleared.

• I cannot post outside the United Kingdom.

• There are no guarantees or insurance, the kits will be sent by normal post.

• The group buy may be delayed if there is a problem with a cheque, provided details etc of any participant, I as the organiser cannot be held responsible for this.

• There is no guaranteed delivery time

• Orders cannot be cancelled once payment is received

• An individual may order as many kits as they wish provided the total is not more than the remaining number of unallocated kits.

• As the organiser I may decide to cancel your order and return your money at any time

• Although this group buy is organised Via the BushcraftUK forums it is in no way associated with BushcraftUK, BushcraftUK neither endorses this group buy nor will they accept any responsibility for it

Ok instructions for all those interested:

state your interest here and then send me a PM stating how many you want.

I will reply to your PM with an address to which you need post your payment + a letter stating how much you have sent and how many you want + a large envelope with your address clearly written in large block capitals

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Seems greedy but would like 8 for self and others please ( if its ok? if not i will accept the imposed limit)

No problem at all, you can have as many as you like (providing it is not more than the amount remaining at the time of asking)

It seems we might have a little confusion, nine people have announced that they would like to participate in the group buy.

But only 4 of that 9 have sent me a PM confirming there order and requesting the address to send payment, please remember that you need to PM me.

Also of the one payment that has arrived so far (this morning) the sender has forgotten to include his BCUK screen name on the letter, signing off only with his real name, which makes it tricky to know whose order I am dealing with.

In this case its OK as i think I know who it is, but please could you be careful to avoid this when sending your own payment

the instructions are repeated below

• The cost (including shipping) will be £5 per kit.

• Payment can only be made by cheque or cash, no other payment methods will be accepted.

• this group buy will be limited to 40 kits, first come first served.

• kits will only be ordered when all payments have arrived and any cheques have cleared.

• I cannot post outside the United Kingdom.

• There are no guarantees or insurance, the kits will be sent by normal post.

• The group buy may be delayed if there is a problem with a cheque, provided details etc of any participant, I as the organiser cannot be held responsible for this.

• There is no guaranteed delivery time

• Orders cannot be cancelled once payment is received

• An individual may order as many kits as they wish provided the total is not more than the remaining number of unallocated kits.

• As the organiser I may decide to cancel your order and return your money at any time

• Although this group buy is organised Via the BushcraftUK forums it is in no way associated with BushcraftUK, BushcraftUK neither endorses this group buy nor will they accept any responsibility for it

Ok instructions for all those interested:

state your interest here and then send me a PM stating how many you want.

I will reply to your PM with an address to which you need post your payment + a letter stating how much you have sent, how many you want and your BCUK username + a large envelope with your address clearly written in large block capitals

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
the list of people confirmed for this group buy so far:

Bodunn x 1 < - payment recived
w00dsmoke x 2
Elma x 2
Godfather x 1
Mikey P x 1
CCCC x 1
smaguire x 5
Kobalt01 x 3
Wayland x 2
Bloodline x 1
Mayfly x 2

leaving 24 remaining

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE