URGENT - recomment me a cheap millets/halfords tent

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hiya all,

Off to Carriag Dulra on friday for my Bushcraft course with Anthonio Akkermanns.

Need to camp overnight - no tent - bivy search came up short,

so milletts tonight on way home - anyone recomment one of there cheap tents, or even halfords ??

Ta Muchly

Loz

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I have a Halfords tent (for when I use a "site") it has stood up to a couple of thunder storms was as cheap as chips and does the job no worries, get one it will be okay!

(Peter)

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
ok a bit late to see this thread...anybody else looking for a cheep tent ..asda is selling theirs off...end of season and all that suff.. 5orry did'nt write it days ago

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
ok a bit late to see this thread...anybody else looking for a cheep tent ..asda is selling theirs off...end of season and all that suff.. 5orry did'nt write it days ago

steer clear - you might a well camp under a sieve - my lad had one bought by his mum - i took him camping and he nearly drowned in his sleep!!!

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
this may be a bit late for loz hope you got your tent intime Ive allways found if you go to your local camping shop they may well sell off very cheep mail order returns my wife likes to buy a new tent every time we go to our local shop -I have to say no we now have about 8 or 9 the point being for this reply you can pick up a barg sometimes less than a third of the normal price

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
I ended up getting a new one ( my old one had died, ) from millets in their sale. Brilliant tent, room at front for the rucksack, and nice and dry inside, about 6 inch clearance between the tent outer and the flysheet, so pretty much zero chance of contact drips.

Here is is at the course site,

S7000630.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE