upgrading my swedish issue army trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

miyakoboy

Aug 16, 2004
South Harting
I've been meaning to upgrade my stove for a while. While the mess can etc are good, i'm missing non stick for sausages and eggs in the morning. Does anyone have a - Trangia 27-6 Non-Stick with Kettle http://www.summits.co.uk/acatalog/Trangia_27_6.html- i'm thinking about getting one. They are only 80 grams heavier and you get loads more uses out of them. Also they are a little bit bigger. let me know what you think chaps. oh and as they are civvie ones the flame is smaller but does it make that much differance?

ps have moved this thread from the general chatter how do i remove it though?

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi, I have a Trangia 27. I bought the normal aluminium version but added a non-stick frying pan and the chopping board/strainer/snow stand/ lid/ frying pan protector/horses hoof tool (such a big claim for £3 worth of plastic, but it is really good). The whole system works very well, no complaints. The kettle which I though was a luxury is very useful and really worth having.

But having discovered the coke can stoves (minibulldesign thread) I think I will just adapt rubbish from now on! Anyone seen a SAK with a distillery blade, so I can produce my own alcohol from fermented moss to run the things on!

miyakoboy

Aug 16, 2004
South Harting
thanks for your advice guys - i managed to track one down for £47.99 plus p+p. I also had a go at making a burner out of a beer can today and its great! has anyone actually managed to make a brew on one yet though?

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I have one of each and last weekend in Glencoe we used them side by side to cook dinner for my family-4 in all.
The Army Trangia isn't as efficient in the wind but has a larger fuel capacity. I use it to cook up bulky stuff like pasta/ rice etc. The small pan is perfect for a tin of beans and as a lid
The Trangia 27K I have is Duossal (Steel lined aluminium-stops Alzheimers allege........) with a non stick fry pan (recommended 100% as everything just sticks like a bugger) and a kettle (Brings 500ml to the boil the quickest way)
Overall the 27k is a better model but the Army model is as cheap as chips and a useful addition.
If you have 2 you can cook for 2 or 4 people but if you get the larger 25 its a big sod and has only one burner.
Gordon Ramsay has nothing on me juggling Trangia pans!

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
my civvi burner heats up much faster than the military one. It tends to get a pan of water boiling about 2 minutes quicker.

simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE