Unknown knife

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I've had this knife for about 20 years. It was old and tatty when I was given it.
I have no idea what it is or what it could be used for.
Does anyone have any experience of knives like this.
Its too small for a commando dagger.
The handle is stacked leather, no markings are visible due to the patina.
Any help would be appreciated

56b91678-6e0f-9eaf.jpg

56b91678-6e07-ce50.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The handle is very similar to the knives made in sheffield. Think it was A.Wright & son. But cant help other than that. Could be a boot knife if its small.

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
or a willian rogers sheffield seem to remember as a kid the local shop had a counter display and it had differnt shapes and size knives and the dagger was one of them all were made to last ive still a 3" and a 6" clip from the display had them in the scouts long time ago

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Is the handle too small to be a commando knife ? or just the blade ? Is it possible that it was a commando knife that the tip broke and somebody re worked the blade as not to waste it ?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
or a willian rogers sheffield seem to remember as a kid the local shop had a counter display and it had differnt shapes and size knives and the dagger was one of them all were made to last ive still a 3" and a 6" clip from the display had them in the scouts long time ago

I agree. I used to have a scout knife with a handle like this but a single-edged blade. That handle and pommel is characterisic of William Rodgers.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I agree. I used to have a scout knife with a handle like this but a single-edged blade. That handle and pommel is characterisic of William Rodgers.

Got one just as you described oldtimer as well as one of those daggers pictured above somewhere in a box, I bought the dagger back in the early 80's and it's still in as good condition as it was back then. So the standard stacked leather handle is original, obviously this has been around the block a few times though.

Come the Zombie Apocalypse you might not live to regret selling or swapping it. :lmao:

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
I also remember the counter display had leather stacked handles going up and stag handles going down and was about a foot n a bit long the dagger was at the end of the line going up and the stag was the first going down if that makes sense

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE