underpants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
While I agree that it is a little silly having so much discussion on kit and not the
s?!t, it is also fair to understand the points raised about everyone knowing about pants but not butchering skills for example.
I will ask questions about kit on this site most of the time because I can get a worthwhile response. If I have questions on skills I cant learn over the net so I find a real person.

As for pants. M&S. Best choice. Autograph. Only pants I buy at all. I run in them

Nothing else to say, Im just trying to increase the statistics for Kit chatter.

RGRBOX

Forager
I myself haven't worn underwear for the past 20 years since I entered the Army at 17. I've never had any problems with heat or cold.. I do wear long underpants from time to time in the winter, but I've found that with the Norrona G-Tex pants I didn't need to anymore. I've tested a pair from Taiga this winter.. but I found them to uncomfortable.. I'm not used to them anymore.. anyway, these were snug fitting ones, with silver in them for order.. the shirts I have to test are the same.. and they are nice to wear.. anyway, since I gave up underwear, I find that I'm much more comfortable, and unlike others I know who get rashes, I've never had that problem.. sure some out there think that going this way is dirty.. but I've never had a problem... and I save a lot of money on underwear...

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Lithril said:
Thing is a lot of people spend a lot of time talking about kit but underwear is actually a fundamental base layer but unfortuately a lot of people don't want to talk about and may just suffer, I think its great that we can discuss this on here and get some sensible answers.

Matt

I agree entirely, and there is some humour as well.
For what it's worth, I bought the M&S Autograph after a couple of recommends here and after a couple of walks they are feeling good.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:)
good on yer!

threads like this though causeing some dissagreement can be useful as it brings people together to talk about stuff, we wouldn't normaly mention!!!

keep up the good work!

(p.s. i tought the poll would be useful but it appears most of us are kinky! :rolleyes: )

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I thought this thread was just funny until I realised that it actually contained useful information! I've got a random collection of various types of boxers, and my criteria for choosing one is whichever is at the top of the pile in the draw. But in reality I do often get chafing when walking, or even just twisted while sitting, and I've no idea why. I'm sure some of my boxers are better than others - I just haven't taken note which is which.

So maybe I ought to pay more attention, and only choose the right ones when out and about. I'd probably love some merino ones, but they're not cheap, and for me there's something wrong about spending lots of money on underpants.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Abbe Osram said:
If nothing comes out anymore from the Threads I start or I am getting attacked all the time for the way I live my life up here than I am leaving too. But I will not make a big fuss out of it.

Don't you dare Abbe! You're simply not allowed to leave. And if you try we'll be straight over to Sweden to drag you back. :)

Oh and re-doing the skin a fox thread in Fair Game would be awesome (if you can find the photos)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Marts said:
Don't you dare Abbe! You're simply not allowed to leave. And if you try we'll be straight over to Sweden to drag you back. :)

Oh and re-doing the skin a fox thread in Fair Game would be awesome (if you can find the photos)

NP, I am not leaving. I still have trust in the boys here and in the moderators.
Its hard to run a forum and a job I would not like to do. Dispite all the mess going on I believe they do a good job keeping the forum clean.

The funny thing with me is that I like a lot the other guys which left or where booted out. I dont know why but I get along with most people and dont understand the egos fighting it out.

As long as we can have some good talk here, I am taking part here.
The only thing I really cant stand is a trench war of egos battling it out and killing every normal person between.

As a pointer: I find the pants Thread a good thing. Nothing worse like pant who move up your legs while hiking and cutting you in place you dont want, collecting sweat where you dont want it and giving you a scratch to cry after.

Under pants suck big time I rather go like the scottish or the indians with a little skirt. :D I was really thinking about it but the mossies would have a feast on me. Yesterday I really got stressed up with them, they are out here just now and every year I have to get used to them again after the pleasend time of winter, ice and snow.

yours
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE