uncle ray

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Well if he is, I say hello.

To everyone else, I say live and let live. He and Bear Grylls aren't harming anyone, though we may not agree with how they do things. Personally I envy anyone who has turned a hobby of mine into a life long passion and career.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reading through the reply's on this thread there seems to be a lot of divided opinion and as I would like to put in my bit. I am a fat 47 year old ex squadie and have been interested in the outdoor part of life forever. I sit in front of my laptop to further educate my self on various things and also, get out when ever possible. I like Ray have never met him, would like to. He is a real ambassador to our craft as are many others John Fenna, WhitlerKev, to mention a couple. I never say I know all there is to know but to learn something new every day. I would like to think he's pops on time to time just to learn from our wide variety of experts.

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Reading through the reply's on this thread there seems to be a lot of divided opinion and as I would like to put in my bit. I am a fat 47 year old ex squadie and have been interested in the outdoor part of life forever. I sit in front of my laptop to further educate my self on various things and also, get out when ever possible. I like Ray have never met him, would like to. He is a real ambassador to our craft as are many others John Fenna, WhitlerKev, to mention a couple. I never say I know all there is to know but to learn something new every day. I would like to think he's pops on time to time just to learn from our wide variety of experts.

Well said that man! I have met Ray and he was a gent

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
So he's on Twitter but not here? Where the vast majority here would love to read some of his input and experience.

It's a real shame to think he'd rather use Twitter for publicity and 'followers' or whatever rather share his knowledge with genuine enthusiasts and fans.

Not all of us have access to land or the chances to go out camping or practicing their bushcraft skills so Reading and being a part of a healthy online British bushcraft community is a great chance for everyone to learn and develope a hobby. If Mr.Mears doesn't want to be a part of this then it's his loss I guess! There is plenty of smart and experienced chaps on here to help out and teach methods to anyone interested.

Well.. That's my opinion anyway.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...So he's on Twitter but not here?..."

Unless someone can point to another feed, I think the twitter account being discussed here is the Woodlore company twitter feed, someone in the office types in the details of new products etc.

It isn't a feed that Ray Mears personally uses. :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
He's too busy to be talking with a load of weirdos on an internet forum mate

those 'weirdos on the internet' are one of the reasons he's so popular and why he's made alot of money through his online shop and courses.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Unless someone can point to another feed, I think the twitter account being discussed here is the Woodlore company twitter feed, someone in the office types in the details of new products etc.

It isn't a feed that Ray Mears personally uses. :)

Could not agree more! It's a shame though, but the true is that he is too busy doing more important stuff, he has a company to run, researches to do, expeditions to run and so on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE