Uncle Ray

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Uncle Ray has just convinced me to go spend a few days on the Isle of Wight :). And I've found a nice campsite.

Not a bad prog this week, all things considered, seemed to be less Ray and more wildlife or interesting newt-expert. Why, why, do these idjits get pix of themselves in the films, it's so boring and distracting! OK, OK - why do I still ask idjit questions like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was lovely to see the wildlife ...

ganstey

Settler
I liked it too, especially as my childhood family holidays were spent on the island. You just have to accept that it's a wildlife programme and not a bushcraft programme. Today I learnt that there aren't any deer on the IoW, didn't know that!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I think we are seeing more 30 min long programs as that's the longest they can hold the attention of the average TV viewer.... ooo a coloured ball!!!

I'll have to find a way of catching up on it.

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
I seem to remember coming across an hour long wildlife prog of his once, on one of the Discovery channels, or Blighty or something. It seemed to be a full version of what had showed earlier in the year (decade?) on itv or the beeb...

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Yes, it's wildlife not bushcraft but no worse for that. BUT why don't the editors subtitle the wildlife pics that Ray does not comment on, so we know what butterfly/plant/etc. we're looking at - it should not just be pretty pics as background!!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yes, it's wildlife not bushcraft but no worse for that. BUT why don't the editors subtitle the wildlife pics that Ray does not comment on, so we know what butterfly/plant/etc. we're looking at - it should not just be pretty pics as background!!!

I noticed the short clip of the stoat that it had a red squirrel baby in its mouth. They probably didn't want to mention that in case it prompted people to go out and kill stoats.

greensurfingbear

I agree with this, not bother that it isn't bushcrafty and its obvious Ray is enjoying himself but I don't think the show is particularly informative there are lots of shots that don't say what you are looking at.

Lot of us might know what it is but equally many folk won't.

Shall continue to watch it as its always nice to see come home from a day working in the countryside to watch nature shows with footage of the animals you should have seen while out lol

Elen Sentier

I agree with this, not bother that it isn't bushcrafty and its obvious Ray is enjoying himself but I don't think the show is particularly informative there are lots of shots that don't say what you are looking at.

Lot of us might know what it is but equally many folk won't.

Shall continue to watch it as its always nice to see come home from a day working in the countryside to watch nature shows with footage of the animals you should have seen while out lol

Yes I agree with that. It was annoying not always being sure what I was looking at. I'll continue to watch - unless I get too much Ray in the camera (like any is really too much :D). I do so dislike being forced to watch the comentator instead of the wildlife and landscape!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE