Ultralight cook kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Item no longer for sale

For sale is my much loved ultralight cook kit

IMG_0601.jpg

Kit consists of:

Evernew Titanium Burner
Evernew DX Titanium stand
Alpkit Mytimug Titanium pot with lid
MYOG Titanium windscreen
MYOG pot grabber
MYOG pot cozy
Mesh storage sack

Everything listed above packs down in to mesh storage sack, very compact.

The DX stand can be used in a number of different configurations meaning the above cook kit can be used with meths, esbit, and wood.

In conjunction with a couple of pegs the Ti windscreen can be used to support the pot over the meths burner meaning you wouldn't need to carry the DX stand if so desired.

I thought I'd offer it on here as a whole first however if there's no takers I may consider splitting.

The RRP on the burner is £47.99, DX stand £49.99, Pot £25. I'm looking for £XX which inc postage to UK mainland, paypal only.

I'll get some better photo's up asap, any questions give me a shout

Thanks for looking

Matt

Everything packed down in to the pot/cozy:
Alpkitpot.jpg

In use:
IMG_0978.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi,

If you do decide to split it I would be very much interested in the Ti mug mate.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks for the interest Steve, I'll keep that in mind

What's the weight of this set complete, please?

Weights as below:

Ti burner: 37g
DX Stand: 58g
Ti windscreen: 27g
Pot inc lid: 106g
Cozy inc lid: 14g
Pot grabber: 12g

Everything inc in the sale as per the original post: 266g

I'll also throw in a vgc Ultralight 38g Fosters cook pot for free:

Zelph.jpg

Matt :)

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
I Have a DX burner and stand and can vouch for the lightness and boil speed.

theoctagon - I have a question, where did you get the Ti for the MYOG windshield?

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
I Have a DX burner and stand and can vouch for the lightness and boil speed.

theoctagon - I have a question, where did you get the Ti for the MYOG windshield?

Hi Broomstickize,

The titanium came from Titanium Goat in the US, not cheap (and currently out of stock) but it was the only place I could find it and I was ordering something else at the time, it's 0.005 inch thick!

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
With the exception of the windshield (great idea) & the pot grab (must make something, any pictures of it?) I have the same set up for solo use. It's great for boil in the bag or freeze dried meals & I always take it on hill walks in the lakes or Wales as part of a brew kit for emergency or just convenience use. Are you selling your trailstar? Would be interested if you are!! Sorry for being cheeky!

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
With the exception of the windshield (great idea) & the pot grab (must make something, any pictures of it?) I have the same set up for solo use. It's great for boil in the bag or freeze dried meals & I always take it on hill walks in the lakes or Wales as part of a brew kit for emergency or just convenience use. Are you selling your trailstar? Would be interested if you are!! Sorry for being cheeky!

Yeah the windshield is a good addition, it's not strictly necessary as the DX stand does a pretty good job as it is but in stronger winds the windshield does help, plus it adds the option of not taking the stand at all, not bad for 27g :)

No pics of the grabber at the mo, it's a very simple design similar to that of the mini trangia, i'll try get some more photo's up asap (hopefully later today).

Are you selling your trailstar?

Sacrilege! :lmao:

I'm afraid I wont be selling the Trailstar, It's become my go-to shelter and seems to fit my needs perfectly, absolutely love the thing. Just waiting for a delivery from Oookworks... :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE