Ultrafire wf-150d

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skinny1

Dec 4, 2009
Herts
I have the above torch which I use on my air rifle and its fine for lamping out to 40 yards Im soon to upgrade to a FAC air rifle and I need to light up out to 80/90 yards so any suggestions as to upgrading the shiney end
The torch is an ideal size and the weight is good so I don't really want to change it Im using a good quality re-chargable batteries and total run time on a nights shooting is no more than 2 hours

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I have the above torch which I use on my air rifle and its fine for lamping out to 40 yards Im soon to upgrade to a FAC air rifle and I need to light up out to 80/90 yards so any suggestions as to upgrading the shiney end
The torch is an ideal size and the weight is good so I don't really want to change it Im using a good quality re-chargable batteries and total run time on a nights shooting is no more than 2 hours

Isn't that illegal?

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
owning a air rifle is not illegal. Infact there are shooting clubs around. Walking down the high street with a loaded air rifle is illegal however.

skinny1

Dec 4, 2009
Herts
To big and bulky for me having to carry the battery and with a wide beam you get shadowing through the scope by hanging the torch under the bipod I get a clearer view clearer view = more clean kills

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
P.S. have you tried a russian generation 2 night scope, its on rails and can be mounted to most rifles. Probably pick one up for £150- 200. Passive too so no range limitation.

skinny1

Dec 4, 2009
Herts
Anyone can own an air rifle FAC rated requires firearms license air rifles can be carried in public providing they are in a case or slip if shooting on private land you must have landowners permission (if not you can be prosecuted for armed tresspass 5 year jail sentance) there are also rules regarding distance from footpaths and roads

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Whats illegal??

It's the bit about using a lamp that I'm asking about, I know it isn't illegal to own an air rifle. :)

I suppose it does depend on what you're shooting (and possibly where and when). So let me put it another way:

What are you shooting, where, and when?

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
This is the light you want:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14450

Cheaper, less than half the size and more light and focus than a LedLenser P14. But perhaps not as robust. So buy two.

sku_14450_1.jpg

Buy a couple of rechargeble batteries and a charger as well:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20392
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1251

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
no way !! max run time 1 - 1.5 hrs, special batteries required, special charger required, no robust at all !!!!

look at the Lenser P7 ( just google it ) 78 hr run time, standard batteries, 750 ft adjustable beam, very well made........need i go on ?

DX = torch, batteries, charger....$33.62 + shipping from the states = ????.. more than a P7 i bet !

Last edited:

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
no way !!

The Led Lenser P7 runtime you mention is on low power. I suspect that the usable throw is not 750 ft then? On full power the runtime is around 1.5 hours. With good NiMH the runtime is perhaps a little bit more, but NiMH are not recommended by Led Lenser. I don't actually own a Led Lenser P7, but I googled and read about the runtime on full here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=222911

One of the nice things with DX is that the shipping is free. So you don't have to pay for any shipping at all. And it ships from China. You may have to wait a while (1-3 weeks) before delivery and perhaps pay local VAT if customs feel like it. But then you will have a brighter flashlight with 2 rechareble batteries for less than half of what a P7 costs.

A P7 costs about £50. A X2000, with 2 batteries and charger from DX costs about £22. So you can even buy an extra spare X2000 and still have plenty of money left over for the VAT if needed. Or perhaps buy some other flashlight that use the same type of 18650 batteries?

I got the price for the P7 from here: http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/led-lenser/led-lenser-p7.html

I have a Led Lenser P14, a very nice, well built and robust flashlight, and I also have a X2000 from DealExtreme. So I can compare output side-by-side. I believe the P14 on full has a similar output as the P7 on full (but the P14 has much better runtime on full).

The X2000 is actually well built and robust. But that said the P14 feels more robust. I certainly agree that the Led Lensers are well built. However, I have not done any destructive testing. So I don't know which light will break first. Since I use the X2000 much more than the P14, I suspect my X2000 willl die first. So I am considering buying a spare.

With fresh batteries the X2000 is a little brighter, and it is also possible to focus it more compared to the P14. So the X2000 is very noticable a better thrower than the P14. And without testing side-by-side I assume also compared with the P7.

I think that the runtime for the X2000 is comparable with the P7 (on full). Around 1.5 - 2 hours with good output. Both lights are direct driven, and after a while both lights will become dimmer as the batteries discharge.

So to sum it up: For less than half the price of a Led Lenser P7 you get a X2000 with more light, better throw and ALSO a charger and two rechargable batteries.

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
No way !!!

got my P7 for £35 delivered ( including batteries ), get my batteries for a couple of pounds in any corner shop / petrol station any where i go, no need to lug around a charger. dropped mine a couple of times on concrete without any harm or visible damage, the light throw is spectacular by the way and used by many emergency rescue personnel.

so to sum it up: for only slightly more you get a convenient, hard wearing, bright, easy to sourse power supply, not made in china torch.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
No way !!!

The Led Lenser lights are soooooo made in China. :)

So for only slightly more you get another Chinese made flashlight with higher build quality, less brightness, less focus and old-fashioned battery-tech that you have to keep buying and throwing away batteries for every 2 hours.

Could actually be a great deal! Or a bad one. Depends on what you want.

Edit: Oh, could you please post a link to where you bought the P7 from? I am thinking of buying one, and £35 delivered is a price almost too good to believe in. I suspect skinny1 might be interested as well?

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
No way !!!!
beat this....and i quote......

Max lumens.... 170

max watt..... 4.45

burn time ...up to 130 hours

dimensions....137 x 37

weight....196gms

power supply....4 x AAA batteries

EFFECTIVE range......711 ft.

Robbi :)

Amazon are currently doing the P7 for £37.44 if that helps anyone.

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Why not just skip the starter and go straing for the meat... LoL!

lasern.jpg

I use a Sliva Alpha for lamping and it does a very good job ;) its also my main fishing light source in winter.

have a look for something using a cree led, be it cheap or not (see above thread Hugsby Cree P2 Flashlight) or go for the tried and tested debens.
i found this to be a very good lamp http://www.ronniesunshines.com/deben-atom-tactical-rifle-lamp-filter-p-274.html

best not forget when lamping, runtimes really dont come into it (as such)... sweeping beams of a few seconds and the odd 3-5 second lamp up are all thats required.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE