ullfrotte tops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I recently bought a top of ebay, it says Akla ullfrotte on the label and looks very similar to the woolpower ones. It also has a norwegian flag on the label. Does anyone know where you can get these shirts or something similar, as it is brilliant and I would love to get some more.
Heath

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Well, endicots are selling some really good half wool dutch amy tops at the moment, and they are extremely good value.

If you googl Ullfrotte you find a loads of sellers, gransfors also sell the stuff under the trade name 'woolpower'

Hope this helps.

Buckley

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks Buckley, I'll check that out.

Thanks In Wood but I'm really after the alternatives to the woolpower ones (I'm a cheapskate).

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Okay, I'll try to confuse you more. The word ullfrotté is two words combined; ull and frotté (in scandinavian languages, empty spaces are frowned upon and two or more words are joined to form longer words, as in german). Ull means wool and frotté is the swedish (and norweigan) word for terrycloth. Ullfrotté is thus woolen terrycloth ( turn any woolpower garnment inside out and see for yourself). I think this is why ullfrotte (the company, not the fabric) changed name to woolpower, as the former name really wasn't legimitate company name (in the same way it would be hard for a british company to get sole use on their name woolen terrycloth).

Obviously, woolpower (formerly ullfrotté) aren't the only producer of garnments in woolen terrycloth, but is regarded as being on the higher end of the quality scale (with pricing accordingly). Other brands are ullmax, akla, aclima, janus among others.

Hope this clear things out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE