UK army Army Desert Camo Gortex Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I've seen these pop up in Ebay for around 35£ lately, just not in my size yet.

been after some goretex for a while, as what I have now is either a softshell jacket (more than enough most of the time), and an old rip off of of a an M-65 jaket in woodland camo that I have never really liked.

Gore-tex from the Norwegian army sells for astronomical figures so that is out of the question. Likewise I do not like the design and colors in civvy gore tex that I can afford.
So thought this may be the solution. The anditates are this one and the dutch DPM gore tex. But I do not like that either. Screams "military nut" to much.
But the british one looks more subdued with its 2 tone desert colors. And seen your boys around here wear them.

But how are they. Is there a hood? Will they be roomy enough for a base layer and a thick middle layer like wool or a thick gore tex jacket under it?

These are what i have in mind...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-British...419&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=230920099153&

Last edited:

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have the dpm version and think it serves its purpose very well. Plenty of room to have layers under but the hood is made on the large side. Cheap and chearful.
Might stand out like a dogs dodah in desert pattern unless you live near a sandy beach though. Should find plenty on ebay.
Riven.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I have the dpm version and think it serves its purpose very well. Plenty of room to have layers under but the hood is made on the large side. Cheap and chearful.
Might stand out like a dogs dodah in desert pattern unless you live near a sandy beach though. Should find plenty on ebay.
Riven.

Oh I don't care much about the camouflage value. I will be using it mostly in winter, and unless you wear white or black, you stanjd out anyway :)

If I want to lose myself, I can wear my poncho over it :)

I ahd to ask because when I was a young soldier doing national service, i traded my hat for a UK smock, and that was rather tight fitting. :)

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Does this help you at all with your sizing? The Height is your total height in CM... (Short, Regular and Long must equate to what you are deemed as body length wise..lol)

index.php

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Have you looked at the RAF Gortex jackets? They are fantastic value and very well made. The blue is a really nice civilian friendly colour too. The only drawback with them of course is that they are hoodless. They are also easily available in really large sizes.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Have you looked at the RAF Gortex jackets? They are fantastic value and very well made. The blue is a really nice civilian friendly colour too. The only drawback with them of course is that they are hoodless. They are also easily available in really large sizes.

I am in Norway, need the hood. This part of Norway is as wet as England, just colder for parts of the year. Right now it has been pissing down with rain for for 5 days. And the ground starts to show around the trees. We have had very little snow this winter.

I like the new camo pattern and the destert camo since they are more subdued than the old DPM. But I will get that too. Blue ain't my color at all :)

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Does this help you at all with your sizing? The Height is your total height in CM... (Short, Regular and Long must equate to what you are deemed as body length wise..lol)

index.php

Thanks I found a website that explained how NATO sizes work :)
I will need a 180/120 or 190/120...to bad there are not many of that size around. Squaddies are normaly quite fit, while I am a 42 year old that is a tatd to fond of the pasties :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE