UCO Candle Lanterns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Theo01 said:
Anyone got any idea where I could find a Brass UCO Candle Lantern in the UK?
I can find every other colour except for Brass.

Thanks.
does it have to be that brand? other brands are talked about here. if that brand is the only one that will do, the try field and trek
:confused: ok so they no longer do the Brass one Sorry

jonglow

Sep 29, 2004
devon/united kingdom
i believe they are called bushlite now and are the same price as uco ones if you tap in the name in your search engine a few people have them for sale in the uk there is 2 on ebay going cheap at the moment

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I have a couple of these in black, don't know if this one is solid brass, ask the seller
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canal-Barge-w...ryZ69834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You get a parafin burner and a spring loaded candle burner (I just use the candle). The seller has these online all the time. They are made by Eltex and come boxed as the "Firefly" lantern. Folded size is 5" by 2.5", can't go wrong for the money

buy it now offer on the black one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canal-Barge-w...6QQihZ006QQcategoryZ69834QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Where can you buy replacement candles for the UCO candle lantern? I was even thinking of moulding my own by remoulding beeswax candles.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought mine in Tiso's but the Ikea white dinner candles are the right diameter, they just need to be cut in half. The Uco ones cost about 99p each, the Ikea ones cost £2.99 a dozen, before you cut them in half :rolleyes: I know the Uco ones are long lasting, but it's a heck of a price difference. Prices's candles are as smokeless as you'll get and they too make the right diameter, again they need cut. Can't remember what I paid for them though.

Cheers,
Toddy

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Tamarack has Uco lanterns and spare candles, the pic on the website shows a brass one but it doesn't list colour choices so a phone call to them might be in order.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Toddy said:
I bought mine in Tiso's but the Ikea white dinner candles are the right diameter, they just need to be cut in half. The Uco ones cost about 99p each, the Ikea ones cost £2.99 a dozen, before you cut them in half :rolleyes: I know the Uco ones are long lasting, but it's a heck of a price difference. Prices's candles are as smokeless as you'll get and they too make the right diameter, again they need cut. Can't remember what I paid for them though.

Cheers,
Toddy

Wasn’t there something about having to use either genuine UCO candles or beeswax candles because ordinary candles drip and clog the lantern? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I read that too, but mine work fine :confused: I know that when I make candles if I want them crisp and hard I add Vybar to the wax mix.
I think it's the diameter that's critical though, if the candle doesn't sit with the spring frame on it's *shoulder* properly, then the candle will melt too quickly and clog.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE