Two good quality and good value blades.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Just a bit of a review for you

The weekend just gone I recieved my jaakaripuuko 110 knife.
Having owned the Skrama beforehand for possibly 2 years as my go to bushcraft/camp knife I was excited to get my hands on it.

For a first impression i'm very happy with it after having a play in the garden.
Out of the box the sheath is lovely quality, it looks nice and is well made and very secure. I did grease the leather though.

Out of the sheath it is not a pretty knife but practical. It has a good edge, comfortable and balanced grip and whittled up feather sticks and struck sparks off a ferro rod like a champion. Extremely good steel, good tough grippy rubber handle and has a serious robustness about it so it will be getting some abuse. Super happy.

Exactly the same can be said for the Skrama apart from striking a ferro rod (can be remedied with a file to take the black coating off). I've used it to chop poles, split firewood, shave feathersticks, dress game, pretty much anything a sharp edge is good for.
When I first got my hands on it I accidentally brushed some clothes hanging off my bed as I walked past to the door, it went through 4 layers of thick denim and I didnt realise til I felt the weight of a pair of jeans try and follow me out of the room. It earned some respect that day.

I only recently got hold of the leather sheath for it when I ordered the 110 and before was just using the plastic liner stuffed in a bayonet frog. The sheath is also of lovely quality, nice thick leather, good hardware, nice and secure. Nice to look at. I did also grease the sheath upon arrival along with the smaller one, though that is a standard practice.

The quality in my opinion far exceeded what I expected at the modest price point as tools for work, not art.
The problem i've found is keeping the rust at bay but they do make stainless versions of the same blades.
3dbcde230d506d13f9635af0f1777414.jpg
1534dc73f75594080fa82c013caaaaf0.jpg
a0eee9edcb6896b89da95922ba21bbab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE