Tv casting call for any one interested ….

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody

Forager
Have you got what it takes to build your own shelter and catch your own dinner?

Stripped of 21st century comforts, do you think you could survive?

A new Channel 4 series will explore the ‘science of survival.’
We are looking for fit and able men of all ages (18+) each with their unique skillset, to be cast away on a tropical island to see how they fare.

To apply, please email: island@shine.tv for an application form.

Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th October 2013 at midnight
For any queries regarding the application, please call us on: 0207 483 6690

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT SHINE - THEY WILL NOT BE ANSWERED ON HERE.

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
My wife sent me this earlier. The cynic in me makes me think they would want some drama and confrontation between participants to make it exciting. I hope I'm wrong and it's a good programme. I look forward to seeing some BCUKers on there.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
My wife sent me this earlier. The cynic in me makes me think they would want some drama and confrontation between participants to make it exciting. I hope I'm wrong and it's a good programme. I look forward to seeing some BCUKers on there.

That was my thoughts exactly. They will also likely be choosing people with different levels of skills as well. I cant see them just choosing only hardcore survivalists or seasoned bushcrafters.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
It is on Channel 4 so I hope it is an improvement on that gutter TV:banghead:, the sex box thing or big brother!
I can't help thinking it will be rubbish though. They always want a calamity or bust-up to garner more viewers.
Love to see it made on an Alaskan or Canadian island rather than a boring tropical island too, with pests and real fury danger. :mosquitos::yikes:
Good luck to any BCUKers that apply though, a TV career could await, vis-a-vis Ben Fogle :D

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
That was my thoughts exactly. They will also likely be choosing people with different levels of skills as well. I cant see them just choosing only hardcore survivalists or seasoned bushcrafters.

That mean your applying then?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I would suspect that 'fit and able' translates into 'handsome, telegenic chaps'. I won't apply as it would make the others look like Gollum by comparison, which would hardly be fair. :naughty:

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
The email address seems to indicate Shine TV, which Google informs me is a Christian channel. I would imagine that would indicate where the direction of the programme lies.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well they do make masterchef so its hardly in your face evangelism lol. Good luck to any that apply :)

I think you might have the wrong Shine bulterrier. Looks to be part of the murdoch empire

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
The email address seems to indicate Shine TV, which Google informs me is a Christian channel. I would imagine that would indicate where the direction of the programme lies.

0cpUDmz.png

Definitely not Christian if its fact based and humerous lol

You could blag it , I'm sure ....and it's not like it's real. Get yersen forad :thumbup:

Run Silent-Run Deep now Free

Sod it, I've sent them an email, Lets see what happens :D

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I think Shine is associated with Princess Productions, the ones that posted a programme idea on the Army Rumour Service that squaddies in Patrol Bases in Afghanistan might like to have their wives/girlfriends and newborns flown out to them as a 'special surprise'. Someone sent me a link to the thread and it was... remarkable in many ways.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE