Tv casting call for any one interested ….

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bushcraft and survival fantasists only!

Indeed, but I doubt anyone here seriously applied.

I had the online application form from them (I can hardly walk to the bloody shop these days let alone survive on an island but got it out of curiosity) and it was very simple so how they sifted through the applicants I've no idea.

So if we remove 99.99% of bushcrafters and the paranoid preppers (hereafter known as PP's) I do wonder just who will get the role(s). I suspect hefty injections of steroids, pumping up at the gym and learning to pant for breath whilst speaking (listen to Bear G) may well help in a successful application; ponytails, beards and bandanna's optional.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You will need to remove your shirt, shave your chest so you look pre-pubescent, and submit to a lobotomy I suspect

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
Has anyone who applied ,heard anything`Positive` back from them yet ?? The thought of a `freebie` holiday on a tropical island early next year certainly sounds good from where i`m sitting ,no matter how much a prat they make me look :) :) , wish i applied now :(

They have screened applicants and are interviewing them now, anyone who gets selected after that will be subject to non-disclosure.

Don't expect to see any 'survival experts' selected, they are looking for average blokes. I think I was borderline deselected because of a low-level background of skills.

The lads chosen will be trained in the basics before they are dumped on the island and left to crack on.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
well a hope it is full of down to earth blokes with a `bit of grit ` about them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
`We are looking for fit and able men of all ages (18+)`

the way toddy is editing the posts ,makes me think she wants to be on the invite list :)

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Has anyone who applied ,heard anything`Positive` back from them yet ?? The thought of a `freebie` holiday on a tropical island early next year certainly sounds good from where i`m sitting ,no matter how much a prat they make me look :) :) , wish i applied now :(

I could dress up as a bear and come & visit :lmao:would be like being back when you were prospecting again.
Yo bear,..... Yo Nuggets

Hagrid

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2013
North Devon
don't expect bushcrafters or serious survival people to be picked, its a TV PROGRAMME after all, they'll pick a load of "couch potatoes" and TOWIE rejects, it'll look more like the cast of The Big Brother house than anything resembling a serious programme on survival.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE