Turntable Geekery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Completely not Bushy at all, but I have just rewired the tonearm on my turntable and it sounds so good I thought I would just post a :D.

Suppose I should go and make the dining room look less like a workshop now and more like a dining room again.

Tom

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Good to hear as you can't beat a slab of vinyl! Digital is great for ease of use but will never replace the real deal in my opinion...goodjob Drop tha needle!!!

Just inherited a Dunlop Systemdeck myself, and set it up last weekend . It's an 80's classic, and still sounding good..
950-DUQ-Systemdek_II-P-A01.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've still got my Technics SL1210s in the cellar, can't decide whether to sell them on or not. Selling the decks ain't too bad it's the couple of thousand vinyls I'd have to more or less give away in the sale.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
My choice is a Lin sondeck with its mercury bath bearing. Plays at 33 1/3 and nothing else!
Hadcock arm and either a black or gold cartridge into a sugden amp and Kef 105 Mk11 speakers.
Not everyones choice but mine.
Alan

Last edited:

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
the 1210s are great decks and still considered a painless route into real HiFi - set them back up Rich and see how much grin factor they bring back. Vinyl goes for more than you think if they are sold individually (and you can bothered).

I would love a Linn Sondek with the Haddock arm (i assume its the GH242) but mines on a budget. I am sure it sounds superb - I take it the Sugden is a type of A21?

I had all sort of plans for buying but then miniVerloc came along and it seems my bank account is destined to be lean for a good while yet.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
I would love a Linn Sondek with the Haddock arm (i assume its the GH242) but mines on a budget. I am sure it sounds superb - I take it the Sugden is a type of A21?
Yes yes and yes.
to some people its a bit flat. but to me its 'uncoloured' lol
Alan

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
I've got a B&O set up for Vinyl, Beogram 1700, beocentre 2600 and beovox S30s. Works for me. I'm dreading the day when I need to replace the stylus how ever.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Given up on Cds personally. Either play from hard drive or vinyl now. I find "putting a record on" to be much more of an event / ritual, but I do love the conveience of playlists and podcasts.

Amen brother! 8 Tracks, Cassettes, DATs, Minidisc, MP3s, I've done them all but putting on a record is the audio equivalent to sitting by the fire on a cold night and sipping a decent single malt with slippers on! Just saying things like 'thirty three and a third' is like a holy utterance to me. The only other thing that comes close to it is a reel to reel...

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I agree - I only have a handful of CDs now and if I am buying something new I will see if I can get it on vinyl. Records for musical enjoyment and the digital files for the convenience. Although I did see that Sony are bring out a brand new Cassette deck - which made me smile.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE