True North Outdoor LITTLE TARP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hyfan

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2004
Beds
[Right, lets try this again :D

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy of TrueNorth Outdoor Little-Tarps?

Tarp-pitched1.JPG

These usually retail for £62 + p&p, but I have worked a deal whereby, if we can get 10 people who want one, the price comes to £40 plus the postage.

What do you get for your money? Well, a friend of mine recently bought one of these and I was impressed with the build quality and the obvious thought that had gone into the design. The size is good too. The tarp measures 2.4 x 3 metres, which is more than 50% bigger than an army basha and only a little smaller than a Hennessey Hex-fly. Worth noting, this makes it long enough to cover one of the group-buy hammocks. :D

TNtarp-hammock.JPG

The tarp is made of polyurethane (PU) coated ripstop nylon and comes as a 1kg package complete with ten aluminium tent pegs, a pair of very clever locator pockets and lines to use with canoe paddles or hiking poles, and a stuff bag to pack it all in. The guy lines even have reflective filaments woven in…no more losing your camp in the dark!

The locator pockets and numerous reinforced attachment points make setting up as a ground shelter very easy.

Tarp-pitched2.JPG

Tarp-pitched3.JPG

Some of you are bound to be thinking, “That all sounds good, but are there any other colours?”. ;) Well, right now blue is the only choice :p . There are plans to get some made in green, but that could be quite some time away.

If you would like to have a look at this tarp, I know that Chris Claycomb will be using one at the coming Moot and I am sure he won’t mind letting people look it over.

Thanks for looking. Regards Ivan

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It certainly looks interesting. In the last photo it looks like it has a back to it. Is it not just a standard rectangle then, or is it a trick of the eye?

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I'm probably being dense - but how?

Exactly how it is in the pic. You have to get the tension right in the right places and the open end will be slightly higher than the closed end but you can do this with any rectangular tarp that has sufficient attachment points.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Well I'm going to have to try it, because I can't see how there's not two big flappy things on the side corners! :D

Sorry to have taken your GB thread off topic, I'll say no more.

hyfan

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2004
Beds
Richie,guys
Tarp Delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery -delivered next working day before 1:00pm.would be £7.75. This provides insurance to cover full cost of item (and tracking of delivery, on line track and trace). There are cheaper delivery options but these do not provide adequate insurance, which is why special delivery has been chosen.
Thanks for your interest Ivan.

hyfan

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2004
Beds
All in with guide ropes pegs and bag its around 1kg, thats not to the nearest gram But with packaging it will be slightly over 1kg, if that explains why I have choosen up to 2kg.
Thanks for your interest Ivan

..Chris Claycombe may be doing a demo at the Moot in Wales this weekend,circumstances permitting.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
Looks strong but again wrong colour, mozzies love blue and I like to blend in with my surroundings also a tad heavy for me.

hyfan

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2004
Beds
Sorry guys with 500 odd viewings and no direct orders I am canceling this group buy, :( its a real shame because this is a good bit of kit. Thanks for those who showed an interest.
Hyfan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE