Tripod and Kettle carrying bags!

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Well, I have a small tripod, 1.3mtr, and an Hungarian army gulashkettle, which I use for cooking outside for my family, either in the garden or in the woods.
These things were in need of a carryingbag, so I could take them along.
79.jpg

So I spent some time behind the sewingmachine again.
First off, there was the bag for the tripod. I used some leftovers from a German army tenthalf, previously used for a sparewheel cover for my 4x4.
I also added a carryingstrap for both shoulder and hand.
Previously taken pictures;
78.jpg
4tripodbag2-1.jpg

4tripodschouderriem.jpg
4tripodhandriem-1.jpg

Then I gave the kettle a coat.
I used the same fabric I used for my SAT.
6tas2.jpg

6tas1.jpg

6ketelentas.jpg

As an extra gimmick I decided to add a cuttingplate, made from and old plastic cuttingboard and to add 2 wooden spoons for cooking.
6gadgets.jpg

These bags are intended, as said, for use with my family, which means going by car and that's what the bags are for. The tripod will be strapped to the roofrack of my Samurai
Carrying by hand is possible too, but for shorter distances.
77.jpg

However I want to be able to carry them longer distances, too, so I tried them on.
I added the pripod and kettle to my Berghaus and, while it sits comfortably when carrying, it was not so ideal when I had to put the Berghaus down.
76.jpg

71.jpg

As it started to snow more heavily during the photoshoot, I took my bad weather hat and tried on the poncho, which I recently obtained via the gift-it-on-thread, here.
If the weather turns bad enough for me to walk around like this, I can really feel sorry for myself! ;)
73.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
nicely done mate! - I like the addition of the chopping board too

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Thanks, guys!

@ Highbinder; It's a hunting hat from Jahti Jakt and I think it is somekind of fleece. The top is reversable, showing a bright orange top underneath.
@ Effzedess; That's what the poncho is for, isn't it? :)

I also made a lid for this kettle.
I found an old aluminium plate in the shed, once bought at IKEA. The handle is at least as old and comes from the same supplier.
8deksel1.jpg

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Very well done! That kettle could hold some chow! :campfire: I like the tripod bag done in flectarn. It looks like a tactical tripod drag bag.:AR15firin

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE