Trip to the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Took a trip to the woods with Hugo & RockMonkey today, had a great laugh - as always, few pics

The woods starting to look resplendent in their spring colours

DSCN4251.jpg

But this just plain and simply winds me up, no need for it whatsoever,

DSCN4250.jpg

unfortunately, we didn't have the space in our packs to carry this lot out, i have however sent a picture of it along with a grid ref to the Estate Office in the hope they can pop up in a landy or 4x4 and pick it up, the office is half a mile away - so fingers crossed, stuff like this and the mountain bikers cutting trees down (not small ones either) to make ramps and jumps are, between them, slowly destroying the woods, i don't blame the kids for the booze, i blame their parents for lack of guidance and discipline

Anyway on to happier things, Hugo whittlin' and my sit hammock set up in the back ground

DSCN4252.jpg

Made myself a throwing stick from a piece of fallen Ash

DSCN4255.jpg

Rockmonkey made a canoe bowl and a spoon, didn't get any photo's though, did you get any RM? we decided after a bit of lunch and a couple of brews to go for a wander, so we headed up slope, approaching the top we sat down for a few moments and took in the view through the trees

DSCN4258.jpg

DSCN4259.jpg

before heading off to the wikiup for another brew, after which we started to head back

DSCN4260.jpg

Past the "little peoples houses":rolleyes:

DSCN4261.jpg

and then into the open to enjoy the view

DSCN4264.jpg

and talk to some of the other locals

DSCN4271.jpg

after this we wandered down to the springs and back to the cars, really enjoyable day out as per normal - thanks chaps

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Another cracking day out!, even without pancakes, thanks to Kep and Hugo as always!
Got a fantastic pig skin pouch today from Kepis, and decided to collect some fire starting material,Flint, Iron pyrite, Birch polypore (some already trimmed),king alfred, and some cedar bark.
Pictured with the canoe i started carving today!
DSCF0737.jpgDSCF0738.jpg
And got a beautiful axe from Hugo, too good to show, it will make you all jelious!:p
RM

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Great pics.....I will never understand why people have to leave their rubbish lying around, perhaps it's not only the cattle that are inbred! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE