Tribe - Bruce Parry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
Did anyone see Tribe today on UKTV Documentary? This was the first time I have ever seen it and anything with Bruce Parry. What a fantastic programme. Ray Mear's maybe good when it comes to Bushcraft, but Bruce Parry is the bad boy when it comes to getting close to a culture and learning about their lifestyles.

Anyone know if this series can be brought on DVD?

Cronos

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
I caught a couple of episodes of Tribe when it was on TV a while ago, and I agree, it is fantastic! I've been looking for it on DVD too to see the episodes I missed, but haven't had any luck... :( 'Cannibals and Crampons' is another of Bruce Parry's programmes which is well worth watching, if it gets repeated.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Daniel Edwards said:
I saw a few of them yesterday too. Although I recon he's in it so he can get stoned, which he seems to do most episodes!

i couldnt agree more! he did seem to concentrate too much on the "herb induced" spirtiualism of some of the tribes and forget about the rest of their anthropological diversities.

it was an enjoyable series to watch though. i taped them too.

Cannibis and Crampons - Brucey did that with one of his ex-military buddies didnt he? his mate just whinged through the entrie 'ordeal'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE