Treecreeper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thought you might like a look at our latest garden resident. Not as fancy as the woodpeckers and falcons but a gorgeous wee thing none the less I think

2539015912_b75fb9f08b.jpg

Red

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
You have had a better look than me Red but are you sure he's not a wren?

Wren%20006.JPG

Treecreeper, rarely seen away from the trunk of a tree or a stone wall hooked beak white belly. Both have the eye stripe.

treecreeper.jpg

Second thought perhaps you know perfectly well what he is and treecreeper is just the description of how he moves about, I always think the wren is the vole of the bird world.

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Sure is a Wren but gorgeous none the same, did you know that the male builds several nests and the female chooses the the one that she wants to lay her eggs in? And that the dome shaped nest give the Wren its latin name Troglodytes troglodytes ie " Cave dweller ".

Well spotted Robin

Robin, Wren, Treecreeper....this is getting confusing :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
you may well be right Robin - I'm far from an expert. The tail is very distictive - long, orange and barred. I'll get a better picture and hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can confirm!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks MM!! Just been off staring at my books and missed your post

You won't want the clearer picture I just grabbed then :D

Lovely nest - spag moss in amongst the ivy - definitely young in there too :)

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep, been and stared and you are spot on - Wren it is :eek:

Still have another picture to make up for it!

2538337951_fd819d29a3.jpg

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Well my misses spotted the lesser spotted Woodpecker coming from a silver birch. There is sounds of babies from the tree too. So I'm off to try and film some.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, since they are your favourite Robin - here are the babies:D

2539220140_0d4b923d81.jpg

Bold wee things aren't they - all peeking out together!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well my misses spotted the lesser spotted Woodpecker coming from a silver birch. There is sounds of babies from the tree too. So I'm off to try and film some.

Nice one, I would like to see that, esp if you can get the young uns leaving the nest... The lesser spotted woodies are much less common than the greater.. I got some photo's last year. First time I had ever seen one and I haven't seen one since. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21524

Lovely photo's there Red, esp like the one of the lil ones looking out...Definitely a wren. Treecreepers are often seen in deciduous woodland and look like they glide around trees looking for food in the cracks of the bark.. They work their way up a tree then usually fly to the bottom of another tree and work their way up etc etc...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I don't mind em in trees. I mind them when they get into the gallery and scare the cr** out of me when I'm reloading :yelrotflm - had one up there a couple of years ago.

Sim23_10

May 25, 2008
Suffolk
I have just seen my first tree creeper today when out in the woods, was great to sit and watch it wizzing round the trunk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE