Tree Sap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adderrustler

Aug 27, 2007
bridgewater
i have just moved into a new house in the country and in the front garden we have 2 apple trees ( all producing fruit ) and one cherry tree just wondering if there is any use for the sap from them cheers

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
Can I take it you're referring to sap rather than resin, Adderrustler?

I've never heard of anyone tapping an apple tree but see no reason why the sap can't be used in much the same ways as birch or maple, although I'd do some research first to be certain.

There may be an issue with regard to tapping the life-blood of a fruiting tree affecting yield, though. I'd be happy enough with harvesting the apples.

Outdoor_Guy

Jul 17, 2010
UK
www.paracordbracelet.co.uk
Hi,

The main uses for tree sap (that Im aware of) is in the production of man made glues. I guess you can adapt it natrually for anything along the lines of this with a little bit of testing. If you find any more uses let me know.. p.s It's difficult to remove off the surfaces of most things so dont put anything under the tree which requires a lot of cleaning !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE