Tree of Life Knife Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Hi All.

Made a Leather pouch for my Gerber Gator, as the webbing one is getting a bit worse for wear:)

Cheers me dears.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Best to upload the photos to photobucket or flickr type of website. Once uploaded there will be an IMG link under it. Just copy and paste that link into tour post. All done.

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Best to upload the photos to photobucket or flickr type of website. Once uploaded there will be an IMG link under it. Just copy and paste that link into tour post. All done.

Hi Dwardo.

Thank you for your kind help mate........much appreciated :)

Ill go see about the photo bucket / flicker.

Thanks again.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Bill, very nice mate, and there i was thinking you was a simple Debn bouy!

You have let your cat out the bag now my ansome, so i will be pestering e in the new year for something!

Best Wishes and zee e zoon.

Ivan...

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Hi Bill, very nice mate, and there i was thinking you was a simple Debn bouy!

You have let your cat out the bag now my ansome, so i will be pestering e in the new year for something!

Best Wishes and zee e zoon.

Ivan...

Hey Ivan.

Thanks for your kind words Sir, glad you like it, and you are quite right.....oi be zimple bey fur zure ;)
You pester away mate :lmao:

Did you get my PMs ??

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like that Willie, really unusual and solid looking too. And you've tempted Ivan too, always a good sign.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice that. Great finish and design.

There should be another link under the picture start [IMG this one will put the pic straight into the post rather than a link. Works either way mind.
How was the design done?

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Hi All.

Thank you all very much for your Kind comments.

Not long been into the leather craft, and have had some great help from members.

Dwardo, the effect came from heat in the oven.
Been experimenting with water content, tension, length of time, and how much heat.

I was lucky this came out the way it did, no real skill, or tooling involved:D

Thanks again all.

gabrielo

Jul 29, 2012
germany
great work! would you be so kindly to tell us how you have achieved the texture of the tree? i have not seen something like this on leather before.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It looks a lot like paulting (raised designs in the leather rather than tooled which are indented)

You can see something similar in this old knife sheath of mine

overall4ta.jpg

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
great work! would you be so kindly to tell us how you have achieved the texture of the tree? i have not seen something like this on leather before.

Hi Gabrielo.

Thank you, glad you like it.

Achieved the effect by soaking in water, and putting in the oven, kept under tension, and timed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE