Tree Identification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cccc

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2007
North Hampshire
I have been strugling to remember all the things I was taught when I was young about trees, its amazing how much one can forget.

I tried last year to learn more about each, not just the name etc, but also some of the uses and interesting bits about them, but the books I used wernt very easy to use.

I was bored this lunchtime, so mooched about for another book to read whilst I ate in the park.

I picked up a copy of Collins Complete British Trees by Paul Sterry.

Its got a great couple of sections which have small photos of lots of leaves in groups, I was really pleased to easily identify several trees whilst I munched away, better still I had an idea what they were before I found them in the book, so maybe the old grey matter isnt too stuffed yet !!!!

Anyway, I think this book rocks and I will be dragging it out the next few lunch times and trips out.

Cheers

c

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Good to hear you've found an ID book that works for you. I never trust books, too much(perhaps I'm to lazy to concentrate on the details)

On thing i used to do was just identify plants that were the same, even though I didn't know their names(sometimes I made up names). I could pick out charecteristics, so the next time I saw one I'd know I'd seen in in a certain place before. It meant once I'd found out its name I was pretty much garenteed not to forget it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE