Tree damage rant !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi, the local Scuffers have been camping again in the woods on a hill near me,i came across this site the other day(the area is classified as a country park ) . Why do they have to do so much damage ? If you want to light a fire light one but dont cut down half of the woods to do it .I know they have every right to be there the same as you or me,but i just get P%$$ed of with seeing it,by the looks of the abortive tree felling its lucky no one was killed. How do you feel about this sort of damage?,i know this type of behaviour happens in urban areas too but is nothing sacred.:nono:

GRRRR

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 162

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
grrrrrr, im a town dweller and all i can say is "********* townies" A serious injury would hopefully either educate them or atleast clean the gene pool

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
trouble is that these tearaways will one day have offspring who will probably be failures like there parents regards dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's tragic, I hope one of them had a trip to casualty for their troubles.

Are those chainsaw or hand saw cuts ?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Seeing as this is a family forum I can't say exactly what I thought when I saw all that damage, it's simply horrific :(

Are those chainsaw or hand saw cuts ?

Got to be hand saw cuts as there's no sign of the sawdust that you'd get from a chainsaw. Plus they'd probably have cut a load more down if they'd had a chainsaw

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Yes they were saw cuts, but these trees were the worst of the damaged,there must have been about 6 or 7 other trees stripped of bark or struck with an axe,they had even cleared a path in the nettles to get to some of them.
darren

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
If there's one thing that gets my blood boiling its damage like that.
Ive come to blows a couple of times with people who ive caught in the act of tree destruction,ive even got one nextdoor who thought it was a good idea to cut dowm some native trees on someone else's land to plant some exotic rubbish.
Nipped that in the bud ill tell you.
Scum is the only polite term i can use here.
Soloman

Jus_like_that

Forager
Apr 9, 2008
burton
www.jltknives.co.uk
Bloody hell! what a mess! The place a wander near home had a big problem with idiots but a few people stopped them and they now still use the area but with respect the same way as all of us. I suppose if you haven't got the guidance to tell you what its right and wrong, then you watch extreme loggers on telly this is the kind of destruction you can expect.

Chasseur

May 16, 2010
Ireland
You should report this damage to the landowner and your local forest authority. This type of behaviour brings all forest users into disrepute. By reporting the incident and damege you draw a firm distinction between you and the type of people who did this.
There is a clear danger that bushcrafters could be lumped into the same general bracket as these people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE