Travelling North/South M6 this summer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hedgedruid

Jun 23, 2011
East Lancashire UK
If you,re travelling on the M6 this summer , Brockholes Nature Reserve has just opened quite literally on Jnc 31 ( Preston ) , much nicer than a service station and you only have to pay parking ( £1/hr ) cafe/shop, toilets , load of land , buildings float on the water , disused gravel pits .

Very nice spot .

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
That'll make the journey from Elgin back to Chippenham better for the dogs, they have 10 minutes at Rheged normally. Thanks.

Edit - dogs on short leads.... that's my two out then.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Mate worked on it for a year along with other sites around Preston I think. Thought it was open a while ago but hohum, still good.

I've worked on reclaimed pits before now. Ones with a layer of crust above a mass of water. Don't ask me how that happens just don't fall through. Thinning out Birch. They can make good reserves I think. I've seen it from the bridge a few times. I remember the area before the slip-road bridge and all the motorway widening and stuff years ago. Before the M6 work that needed the pits. Paddled down the Ribble from near Clitheroe to get out at the Tickled Trout (just behind the petrol station there used to be a good egress point with a small carpark. Wouldn't / couldn't do that now its a mess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE