Travel spinning rod advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'm after a travel spinning rod so I can easily cycle to my local beaches for some general fishing. I could struggle with my current rods but at a packed length of 5' they are a bit cumbersome.

I would be fishing over mixed ground on gently sloping beaches so feel a longer spinning rod would be best, something around 10'. This would also enable me to do some light ledger fishing as well as feathers, spinning etc. I would be after anything from mackerel, gars to a good sized bass.

As I don't wish to spend a fortune I'm looking at a 4-piece 10' spinning rod that packs down into just over a 3' case like this Rovex Lure Pro Travel Rod from my local tackle shop. (No affiliation, etc, etc)

I can't find any online reviews and I plan to have a good chat with the shop before I buy one but does anyone have any comments on it? I've noticed similar questions being asked before and would appreciate and tips and advice from anyone who has a similar rod.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
I had a Shimano telescopic and it fell to bits. The rods are great but the technology on telescopic stuff leaves a lot to be desired. Like Windy, I would plump for a multi section.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Yes, I've got a very cheap telescopic rod and that hasn't fared too well. The one I'm looking at is a 4-piece multi section.

Surv:vor

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
I'd go with a multi section, I've used Fox (http://www.foxint.com/index.php) in the past which have been great, or you might think about using a sling for your current setup. I've used a minimalist home made sling, cycling and angling along the grand union for years.

redsalmon

Jun 12, 2010
divot
peices are better than telescopes; shimano make great rods but if you're short on cash you might want to consider investing more on a decent reel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE