travel leather working kit

Recently i have moved over from day shifts to night shifts
this has presented me with more idle time when at work as once the job lists are done and between my quarter hour checks on the folk who live here i am free to do as i please as long as i stay awake,
obviously i spend a fair while mooching around the internet on forums and so on but i have decided to make the most of the free time and do some projects that have been on hold since the birth of my son(nearly a year old now where does the time go once you become a parent?)
most of my projects are leather based so i decided to put together a travel leather working tool kit
and here it is
P5170129.jpg

pouch i traded for
two Awls one from tandy and the other my great great grandfathers
stitch marker and different spaced wheels plus ickle screwdriver to replace them
groove cutter
block of wax
black shotgun cartridge case holds glovers needles and saddlemaker needles it also holds the removeable parts of the other tools and the ickle screw driver
small pliers to grip needles with
white shotgun cartrdige case holds some artificial sinew and braided cord both wrapped around match stick reels and the needles i am currently using

this pouch could easily be transferred from wandering to work to lurking in my pack for longer trips where i may wish or need to be able to do some leather work

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Good stuff, I have a similar one, just with the additions of a xacto craft knife and a small finger drill. I find the drill invaluable on thicker leather given the lack of a stitching pony.

Dreadhead

nice wee set there. iv been thinking about this and that when im out on long expeditions what sort of leather tools i want to carry so will no doubt end up with a similar set.

how well do those fingers drills work? was thinking about getting a dremel in future but those looks much better!

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
how well do those fingers drills work? was thinking about getting a dremel in future but those looks much better!

Really well (the archimedes type anyway) I'd avoid the hand turn ones (too many blisters). Nice and quiet for doing whilst watching telly.

I made a little jig for mine to make sure the holes are true. (basically a block of perspex with a hole in).

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
If you take a look inside your local fishing tackle emporium, you'll find something similar which the carp fishermen use to drill their boilies. A couple of quid should have it sorted!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Here you go.

Leatherworking_Kit.jpg

Nothing particularly pretty about it but this is what I use for most of my leather kit making.

If I've got a lot to do I'll take the whole bundle but if it's just for small jobs I leave the big reels and one of the needle cases and it all fits in the leather tube case.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE