Trangia Sizes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sdf234

Apr 18, 2009
Dixie
Hello all!

The brochures say that the Trangia 27 is suited for 1 to 2 people and the 25 suited for 3 to 4. I was curious if Trangia users here have found that to be accurate or perhaps the sizing may be suitable for less/more than stated? And thats asking in regards to real cooking- not just boil in a bag meals or just add water for dehydrated meals.

-Thanks!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I find the 27 is fine for 2 folk backpacking. A 25 is fine for a larger group, basecamp or if you are not having to carry it that far. I find a 25 a bit big and weighty for backpacking as a pair or solo.

HTH

John

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've used the same 25 for the last 30 years. it really depends on how you cook. If all you do is heat water for the bags of freeze-dried stuff then the 27 is ok for two, but for cooking food you need the larger size unless you are alone. Think about the most volume-demanding stuff you will (normally) cook, in my case pasta. How big a pot do you need for that? For me the 25 is barely large enough for 2-3 adults with that kind of cooking.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats about right. When you get one practise using the simmer ring and you can get about 50 minutes simmer time, perfect for something like a stew or a curry.

These are not cheap but remember there is nothing to go wrong with them, they just work.

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
They are but like a lot of things in life, you get what you pay for. I have had my trangia for 17 years and its still going strong now.

yea very true im buy one in couple months

here lot of stuff cost lot, those crusader canteen sets, for 140 for a set, 35 for just the bottle so on so on

my i found my 1970 us vietnam canteen and it still goign strong ^^

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE