Trangia help

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I am planning a 3 day trip and cooking on my Honeystove / Tatonka system for 2 people

One problem I do seem to have is turning it off when the water has boiled etc to save fuel

What do you guy's do?

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
just smother the flame with the lid. just make sure you take the rubber seal out first! otherwhise you'l melt it:eek: or better use a closed simmering ring if you have got one.

pete

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Approach carefully from one side at a similar level to the fuel container, avoiding hair setting on fire etc. Give one sharp blow between pursed lips to increase the velocity of the air flow, Kinda spit a big mouth full of air.

Works first time every time for me:)

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I use a closed simmer ring, some people use the lid but make sure you take the rubber seal out! If you don't want to do that then the lid of a ring-pull tin flattened out works too.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Getting the lid or simmer ring on can be tricky with a high flame. If you have a Leatherman, the pliers makes an excellent gripper to place it exactly without burning yourself. The simmer ring has a handy tab that can be easily gripped this way. Or, if you use a pot gripper that can sometimes be used too. Or get a couple of sticks to hold it. Otherwise, you can just use your hands - if you do it in a quick decisive action you won't burn yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE