Trangia Gas Converters ?

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I assume these just clip into the wind shield, (forgive me it it states that on the site I'm late for work but couldnt resist taking a peek hahahaha)

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I assume these just clip into the wind shield, (forgive me it it states that on the site I'm late for work but couldnt resist taking a peek hahahaha)

As you suggest, the gas burner just sits in the same hole as the meths burner normally sits in, and held in place with sprung clips.

You first thread the fuel pipe through though the central hole and out the hole in the side of the windshield so it can connect to the gas canister and then push the burner into place.

Graham

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
They work fine, and turn the Trangia into a very quick cooker. To save more money I use one with a cheap Lidl Trangia clone. I can race much more expensive stoves.

But whats wrong with the original meths burner ?

Richard

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
They work fine, and turn the Trangia into a very quick cooker. To save more money I use one with a cheap Lidl Trangia clone. I can race much more expensive stoves.

But whats wrong with the original meths burner ?

Richard

I didnt know there was a Lidl version of the trangia... If I ever see one I'd get it tho.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Years ago I had 2 of the original trangias, god knows what ever happend to them, my guess is leant em to a mate who decided to keep em.
Anyhow, I have the swedish militry version, thats damn good, I made quite a few of the ol coke can burners they work a treat, I just seem to like this style of cooker.
btw I believe the kettles are sold seperate for trangia, (daughters college had a talk for the D of E kit few weeks back, kettle was included, when the shop givin the talk showed it all off, college purchased a load then discovered kettles were extra hahaha) if your after a kettle that fits, the tracker or chub fishing kettles should do the trick, my daughter borrowed mine and it fitted quite well and packed away inside the trangia.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Years ago I had 2 of the original trangias, god knows what ever happend to them, my guess is leant em to a mate who decided to keep em.
Anyhow, I have the swedish militry version, thats damn good, I made quite a few of the ol coke can burners they work a treat, I just seem to like this style of cooker.
btw I believe the kettles are sold seperate for trangia, (daughters college had a talk for the D of E kit few weeks back, kettle was included, when the shop givin the talk showed it all off, college purchased a load then discovered kettles were extra hahaha) if your after a kettle that fits, the tracker or chub fishing kettles should do the trick, my daughter borrowed mine and it fitted quite well and packed away inside the trangia.

They do loads of different versions of the trangias in different materials, with and without the kettle. You are right though, they do also sell the kettle separately (in fact they sell most of the parts individually).

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
This was posted on CCS (Classic Camp Stoves) in a thread that was talking about something else.

"GoSystem have some nice stoves, and cheap.
A friend bought their Trangia burner wich was really good, both flame and quality feel."

Not a lot to go on, but at least it's positive.

Graham

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have one of the original Trangia gas convertion burners - I think it is great as my wife will not use the meths burner...so if I want her to do the cooking (if she comes away camping) I fit the gas unit and relax! :D

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
When I was in a Cotswold store last year I found myself looking at the genuine Trangia gas converter at £50, then had a hard look at the Go Systems 'Adapt Stove' priced at £30 which was sitting alongside.....although I obviously I would like to have the 'genuine' Trangia version, I couldn't see any significant difference between the two apart from one being £20 cheaper, so purchased the Go Systems burner.

The converters are basically a remote canister gas burner fitted with a simple adapter plate. This design has been around for years. The control is smooth and the performance is fine. I've used it and find it works perfectly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE