Trangia brick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I recently bought a Trangia Triangle and have been rather impressed with it. I have also recently ordered a SS kettle which might suit your needs.

NorkattOutdoorEagleTheekokervoorkant.jpg

Eagle Products Stainless Steel Kettle

I understand Mr Mears used one of these in one of his past videos.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The best trangia trivets where ones made on here by someone consisting of two curving trivets for the top and a stand of two curving trivets for the bottom. Coupled with an ali windshield cut in half, and wraped allthe way around the pot, the stove windshield and stand should come in at 400g plus your pot, that's all the metal you'll need to carry.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
So pimping my Trangia my keeping the base,windshield and adding a kettle?
Might work,is the trangia kettle hole big enough for a ration pack?
The only problem I could see if I decided to cook different meals in it,I can invisage it being a pita to clean?

A ss kettle that fits the 27 with a large opening would be good,chuck ration packs in and easy to clean.

That's why I was leaning towards the gas system with msr stowaway, looked big enough to heat ration packs,boil water and cook other foods without being a pita to clean
Pocket stove looks interesting,especially at the price,will check out the reviews, Paul is your one going for sale??

Trangia triangle seems a lot of money for not very much,it appears flimsy,i might be wrong.

Cheers

Buster

The Trangia Triangle is a great base, but if you were going to use a crusader cup with it, you would have to form an inverted triangle with some wire tent pegs/coat hanger for the cup to stay on it, i have seen a mod on youtube where the guy bends the lugs that the pan sits on inwards to make more useable with other sizes of pot/cups, hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE