Tracks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Anyone else think that Ray Mears appearances on the Tracks programe collected onto a dvd would be a good idea,because if remember correctly he demonstrated quite a few skills from fire starting,shelter building, to spoon carving ect ect.

By the way anyone remember a programe where Ray went to Mongolia.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Too right it would be a good idea ! They were excellent viewing, short but in detail.
I dought it will happen though cos the beeb would probably need to shift loads of these to make it worth the cost involved - its not really mainstream our hobby esp if its just showing the detailed stuff... although R.Mears is getting to be quite a household name - you never know :?:

I have loads of his Tracks/Telemark/World of Survival etc programs on VHS tape. Looking to convert them to CD or DVD when ive the money to buy a video capture device,editing software and a dvd writer. Only a matter of time :wink:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
SB let me know when you do put them on to dvd or cd and i will see you allright for a copy. :p

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I always thought that his work on tracks was his best as it was purely bushcraft and UK based stuff, not really that keen on his holiday videos he does now but I suppose the beeb are targeting the masses rather than us bushcrafters. A compilation would be good though and I would buy it.
I think he went to Mongolia in either the first or second series of Extreme survival. I have series 3 and some of the bushcraft has been edited out of it :yikes:

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
Its not on any of the extreme survival series cos ive got all them.
Must have been on world of survival.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Well how many series has Ray done besides the years that he did the Tracks programmes.He seems to have been around for ever and that he has made many series.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
CLEM said:
SB let me know when you do put them on to dvd or cd
When im able to do this (really not sure when tho - money etc..) I`ll let you know Clem and you can have a watch

The Mongolian episode was on the World of Survival series...

IIRC the Ray Mears story goes...

Tracks ( 5minute slot only but very good)
The Essentail Guide to Rocks
World of Survival
Extreme Survival
The Real Heroes of Telemark
Bushcraft

...unfortunatly I missed the Guide to Rocks series !

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Is the World of survival and Rays other programmes available to buy on dvd?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
CLEM said:
Is the World of survival and Rays other programmes available to buy on dvd?
His extreme survival series are available, series 1 and 2 on one disc and series 3 on another. The dvd of his new series is supposed to be available in the spring.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
CLEM said:
Shame that Rays World of survival series is not available.
Yep, I really loved the Inuit episode. That guy waiting motionless by that hole in the ice to catch a seal, a lightning thrust with his harpoon and he had one. Sent shivers up my spine.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Snufkin said:
Yep, I really loved the Inuit episode. That guy waiting motionless by that hole in the ice to catch a seal, a lightning thrust with his harpoon and he had one. Sent shivers up my spine.
What you reckon Snufkin,if we all email Ray and let him know we want the series on dvd,if enough do it it could work i guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE