Tracking book by Jack Kearney

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The Hamlyn Guide to Animal Tracks, Trails and Signs (Hamlyn Guide)
R.W. Brown, M.J. Lawrence, J. Pope

Very good book. Ok, on looking at it again thePreben Bang book is pretty good, its just that every time I find something I want to ID it isn't in there :roll:

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
James I think you and Raz made that pheasant up to see how gullible I was!!!! :wink: Really enjoyed the 'pick tracking' though, you taught me something new there!
There are so many books out there about tracking and most are worth a read if only to get new ideas and inspiration. There is nothing which can teach you to track as well as spending time with an expert tracker though. I'm really lucky to have Max down the road from me!!!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
max@shadowhawk.co.uk said:
The Jack Kearney book is now very dated. New techniques and styles have long since superceeded his book.
The only real way to learn is to attend a course. Tracking cant be learned from a book.

Hi Max

I remember when I was on your course you had a recommended reading list for tracking, if you dont feel that the Jack Kearney book is up to much could you recommend some books which are worth reading?

D

Duncs

I'd agree that the Preben Bang book is excellent, and the Tracking and the Art of seeing has a great deal to offer too. I had hoped to learn a lot more on a course but, dare I say it, I was a litle disappointed with the Woodlore course. Might be worthwhile checking thoroughly on course content before you book with a School to check it's what you want.

Practice, practice, practice......experience doesn't come quickly!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE