Tracing a member by e mail ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Ive traded something with a member in the US. Ive sent my item over 2 months ago and since about 5 weeks ago ive had no contact from the member.
Can anyone tell me how i can get hold of a members e mail address ?

Cheers,

Paul

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well, if you don't have full contact details, you are in a bit of a bind.

I assume that this person has chosen not to accept emails from people on this site? If they haven't make that selection you can send an email to the address that they registered with, even if you don't know it.

Does this person belong to other forums? You can use google to search for their username across the internet and you may find out more about them.

The most that I can suggest is that you send a moderator the details and explain what has gone on and we can look at it. However, and I stress this, site policy is that sales/trades are the responsibility of the members involved and getting involved in any way is something that we would be careful about.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Well, if you don't have full contact details, you are in a bit of a bind.

I assume that this person has chosen not to accept emails from people on this site? If they haven't make that selection you can send an email to the address that they registered with, even if you don't know it.

Does this person belong to other forums? You can use google to search for their username across the internet and you may find out more about them.

The most that I can suggest is that you send a moderator the details and explain what has gone on and we can look at it. However, and I stress this, site policy is that sales/trades are the responsibility of the members involved and getting involved in any way is something that we would be careful about.

Cheers Chris. I fully realise that the trade thing has nothing to do with the site, and i have tried to contact a mod re this but got no answer.

Paul

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Paul, I trade a lot with people in the States; one main problem I have had is postage times to them via surface mail and its delays (up to 8 weeks in the past), did your goods arrive? (I now only use courier mail, cheaper and faster than Royal Mail gets up to 10 kilo there in 2-3 days)

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Paul, I trade a lot with people in the States; one main problem I have had is postage times to them via surface mail and its delays (up to 8 weeks in the past), did your goods arrive? (I now only use courier mail, cheaper and faster than Royal Mail gets up to 10 kilo there in 2-3 days)

What he said. I've done a fair bit of trading with people in the US, good communications is the key. By the way, did that MSR that I sent you turn up? ;)

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
What he said. I've done a fair bit of trading with people in the US, good communications is the key. By the way, did that MSR that I sent you turn up? ;)

Yes mate, sound.

Re the trade, communication used to be no probs, but just notheard anything for about 5 weeks, so dont know if my item has arrived.

Paul

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Take a look at these people, very good service and a lot cheaper than Royal Mail. They bulk buy space and sell on at discount. A couple of weeks ago I posted on Monday to New Jersey and it was there on Thursday afternoon

http://www.interparcel.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE