tough phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lewist1993

Dec 31, 2008
rochdale
Just though someone may be interested to know that t mobile are selling the samsung m110 though phone for £20 (well £19.56). When the gadget show reviewed this phone it took everything they could throw at it and more, it even survived tests that destroyed the jcb tough phone that costs the best part of £200. So perfect for those situations out in the wilderness that a normal phone would not survive. I know I'm getting mine.

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-as-you-go/samsung/m110-payg/overview/

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I ordered mine from t-mobile on friday, but got an email today saying they've got no stock but will dispatch as soon as they do.

The next cheapest I've seen is on play.com for £35. So if your willing to wait order from t-mobile if not play.

lewist1993

Dec 31, 2008
rochdale
Got mine now. But t-mobile are saying they are locked to t-mobile but there acctualy sim free (can be used on any network), and they are as tough as they clame iv tested it

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That's a good price. Shame its on T-mobile but you mentioned it's not locked. Have you tried putting a different company's SIM card in it?

lewist1993

Dec 31, 2008
rochdale
I've ordered one as well. JFYI, Virgin hires the transmitters / bandwidth from T-Mob. Virgin / T-Mob have been partnered since 121!

Try a different carriers card like Vodafone. Unlocks can be had for £3 though over the net.
Your rite, when I tryed a vodaphone SIM it apked for a "network lock password". Soz about that didnt realise they were partners.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i went into the store today, the phone they are selling as a m110 is very different looking to the one on the website. can this be unlocked easily to take a contract sim.

lewist1993

Dec 31, 2008
rochdale
i went into the store today, the phone they are selling as a m110 is very different looking to the one on the website. can this be unlocked easily to take a contract sim.

ye they have put the rong picture on the website, but i dont know about cantract SIMs I use pay as you go

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.

If you are already on T-Mobile with a contract then it will be fine, if your with another service provider then indeed it will need to be un-locked.

Ive just ordered one as well. At £20 quid delivered vs the next cheapest on Amazon at £35 you could re-sell it on ebay in a few months if its not to your liking and get your money back (IMO).

ATB, Jon.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I spoke to t-mobile last night there's apparantly quite a waiting list for these phones.

Currently sitting in excess of 400 and samsung have yet to confirm a delivery date to them.

And I really need a new phone NOW!!!! or last week would do:D

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
Ordered mine through the website last night so I am disappointed that there is such a long list.:(

Just spoke with T-Mobile myself and they hope to get stock in the next few days and then dispatch straight away.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
I've had one of these phones a while. Its not completly waterproof but will survive a dip in the river if you recover it quickly. really tough phone though. I throw mine around all over the place just because I can. I've even drop kicked it across a pub car park which was fun in a funny/sad kind of way.

The phone is very basic though you cant sinc it with a computer so forget trying to use the camera as the only way to get the pictures on another device is to send via mms to another phone that can connect to a computer. The torch is handy and the inbuild radio works well but you need the headphones plugged in to use as an arial.

If you want a cheep tough phone that you just want to make calls on then this is the one for you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE