Touching the Void...a must see

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Watched it last night. I cant remember when I have been more rivited to something on the telly.

Each twist in the story left Mel and I wondering exactly how the rest went, as we knew that they guys involved were still alive and kicking.

I would have liked to see another 30 mins though, on exactly how they finally got out and back to medical help.

G

Ginja

Superb film, straight into my top 10. Very sobering to realise that when push comes to shov, and you're stuck in a hopeless situation with a busted leg, no food or water, and no obvious means of survival; that what REALLY counts isn't fire by friction, or shelter building, or navigation skills, or spoon carving ... but sheer ******-mindedness and a stuborrn determination to die on one's feet.

Real food for thought.

Spent the rest of the night wondering how much of this kind of 'true grit' I would be able to muster in a similar situation.

Which is precisely why I have no plans to go ice climbing just yet!

Brrr.... :wink:

G

D

dataphage

What really sticks in my ind from watching it last night was the use of crap pop music by the climber's subconscious as a survival tool!

It seemed as if his delirium was saying to him - if you decide to sit here and die I will play Boney-M at you! Is that what you want, is it?

:wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE