Top Tarp Tips...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I like that toggle and line setup, I saw that in another video of yours [I think you called it a commando line?] - I'm thinking to get my cubs to make one each then get them to put them through the loops on a parachute so they can guy it out for me :)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like that toggle and line setup, I saw that in another video of yours [I think you called it a commando line?] - I'm thinking to get my cubs to make one each then get them to put them through the loops on a parachute so they can guy it out for me :)
Toggle ropes, I get my students to make a big one each, they can be used for loads of things....I must make a video!

Reactions: Man of Tanith

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I've been using toggles on tarps for years now for the same reason, quick to deploy in a different set-up and easy to take lines off to dry them out (on a radiator at home for example). But l prefer a hanging line under the tarp for lights, airing kit, etc. Just tie a drip-line on each end if the rain is pouring down. That said, nice video, thanks for posting it Neil.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Toggles worked a treat ........

0ac3e55c0f77ab103c7b8ec2d35a563e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The tarps I design have loops inside and out - so it does not matter which way out you throw up your tarp - you always have suspension loops and hanging loops :)
A prussic knot, with a small weight on it, tied on your suspension line just where it meets the tarp stops most rain travelling down a suspension line - water looks for the quickest way down - I call it a "drip line"
I like the toggle idea and will be looking out some builders line!
I use a lot of bungee line in my set ups to give some "give" in a system for windy conditions, so I might try some bungee toggles!
A great channel with well presented info - and that is someone who generally hates video on the confuser as mine is so slow...

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've been using toggles on tarps for years now for the same reason, quick to deploy in a different set-up and easy to take lines off to dry them out (on a radiator at home for example). But l prefer a hanging line under the tarp for lights, airing kit, etc. Just tie a drip-line on each end if the rain is pouring down. That said, nice video, thanks for posting it Neil.
Thanks Thoth for your kind words.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
The tarps I design have loops inside and out - so it does not matter which way out you throw up your tarp - you always have suspension loops and hanging loops :)
A prussic knot, with a small weight on it, tied on your suspension line just where it meets the tarp stops most rain travelling down a suspension line - water looks for the quickest way down - I call it a "drip line"
I like the toggle idea and will be looking out some builders line!
I use a lot of bungee line in my set ups to give some "give" in a system for windy conditions, so I might try some bungee toggles!
A great channel with well presented info - and that is someone who generally hates video on the confuser as mine is so slow...
Thank you John , that is praise indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE