Tooled mystery belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I knocked this up when I was laid up with the flu.

Here's the belt:
mysterybelt.jpg

Here's a closeup of the fastening and tooling.
mysterybelt-closeup.jpg

It's over on Maker's market if anyone fancies it.

Eric

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
Wow, thats some nice work eric, truly a stunning piece of work. How long did it take may i ask, it would take me a year of sundays to achieve anything like that. well done chap

Mark

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
If thats what you can do when you're ill.....

I really like that, I recall seeing them in use at the Crannog ..

rancid badger

That's really great Eric,
any chance you could do a quick tutorial on how you braid the leather without having loose ends. I've tried several times and end up with a total mess.
Glad you're back on your feet
Baggins

I know exactly what you mean;) I always have to have the book to hand.
I can never quite figure out how I end up with the finished item. I have to keep stopping and going backover till eventually I get to where I want to be:D

I suspect the gummy one,(oh god's; pie crimping!) just cut's the leather and braids it!:dunno: :D
regards
Steve

rancid badger

I went down to Erics for the first time today to pick him up for a tootle round Chopwell Wood.
I got a look at this little beauty ( The belt!:rolleyes: ) It's a really nice piece of work.
I had the chance to see a few "works in progress" honestly, his work is a joy to behold.

Then he packed up his self made "knap sack" made of a beautiful soft, chocolate brown leather, and away we went.

Inspirational-
Cheers Eric
Steve:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE