Too many Coats!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
So the wife keeps telling me I have too many coats!

So I thought I should list them and see what you all think....

1. Work Jacket
2. Bike Waterproof
3. Best Fleece
4. Old Fleece for knocking about in.
5. Pack away insulted Jacket
6. Old BG fleece Im too embarrassed to wear
7. Soft Shell jacket
8. Jack Wolfskin Gortex with inner fleece (does this count as two?)
9. Bushcraft Journal Smock
10. Swanndri Smock
11. Leather Jacket (from the 90's)

The wife keeps telling me I have more jackets than she has shoes, I don't think so, although I've not counted lol!

So do I have a problem? I don't think I have that many jackets, how many do you have?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Theres not many there mate, working and playing outside as i do i'v got at least double that if not more
No such thing as too many coats

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmmm... off the top of my head I've got this lot and I'm sure I've missed some out :)

1 Work hi vis jacket,
2 Arktis Dan cam
3 Heavy weight fleece x 2
4 Medium weight fleece
5 light weight fleece x 2
6 Ridge monsoon coat
7 Norwegian Snow smock
8 Modded snow smock
9 Rain smock
10 Swedish M90 parka
11 Padded winter coat
12 Fleece lined hoodie that the wife has pinched :rolleyes:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
You can never have too many coats:

Paramo Halcon X2
Harkila Pro - hunter
Sport chief
Deerhunter wolf
Deerhunter autumn camo
Buffalo special 6
Arktis mammoth
Schoeffel keton X2
German para gore tex
Flexothane 'farmer' coat
Ridge line Monsoon
Barbour Berwick Endurance
Regatta green
Craghoppers green
Packaway regatta x 2
Running coats x2

It's wet in Bowland!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
A man can never have too many coats and I have to many to list mine. Fashion in 10/20 years who cares I will still wear them.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I only have about 10 at the moment ... 5 Ventile, 1 Ventile-esque, 1 insulated polycotton, 1 Waxed cotton, 1 wool... 3 are home made....

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Must admit, I have a couple of heavy coats, couple of lightweights, a few leather jackets and some casual jackets... probably 9 or 10 in total.

Its not that I'm collecting coats... I don't throw away an old coat when I get a new one... you never know when you might need a coat! :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm a bit of a coat hoarder too. Just starting to rotate to my winter jackets at the moment. About to wash my main down jacket as I forgot to do it afore storeing for the summer. I do like a good jacket. My big Swanni smock is grinning at me from the hall press every time I open the door. Will be sad to see the cold weather retirement of a couple... But it's only for a month or two.
Always liked that Bill Hicks line about talking to someone from L.A. when they're talking about their hot weather while he's in cold New York. "But hey we have coats, scarves and rosey cheeked women, we're thinking out here you lizzard!"
My votes for coats, scarves and rosey cheeked women too. ;)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
In terms of coats I use I have:
  • Paramo Quito
  • Paramo Bentu Windproof
  • Paramo Bentu fleece
  • TNF Windwall fleece

I have a few old jackets that I haven't binned that live on the hooks in the hallway, I have them for 2 reasons - Spares for guests who have arrive ill prepared for Kent, as I've not worked out how to recycle them properly....

To the above list, I'm thinking of adding a Paramo Fuera smock for running/working out in in the winter, and I have toyed with the idea of swapping the Bentu Windproof for a Fuera Ascent... But the main area missing is something insulating, a Paramo Torres jacket is tempting me...

But then I do only own one pair of shoes that are in serviceable condition...
J

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I hate to say this this but the one upside of losing the old house and having to be ruthless with the packing is that our front door no longer looks like the entrance to Narnia! Down to about six for the both of us at the moment not including the ones for the dogs and fleeces.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Too many to count, really, I have them hanging in 3 wardrobes in 3 bedrooms and some on the coat hooks in the hall, oh and a couple in the meter cupboard :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE